Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Ogrecrusher

This question may already be redundant in the latest version, but I remember having problems trying to use it in BM aftercore where it would do crazy things when it wanted to change the MCD, which is obviously non-trivial in BM.

1. Is this still a problem?

2. Is it fixable, like by say turning off it trying to change the MCD setting?

Cheers.

StDoodle

Minion
Your best bet may be to modify the script. (Use relay_slime.ash; it's the updated version.) Between lines 364 & 365, add the follwoing:

Code:
if (in_bad_moon()) return current_mcd();

This should work. Except, the more I think about it, the less sure I am that this script can deal with being in Bad Moon aftercore. I honestly have no idea what the current status of mafia's recognition of various bad moon aftercore states is. (For example, the script may assume you have access to at least some kind of mcd device if you've recalled skills and dropped BM.) So, caveat adventuror.

Winterbay

This question may already be redundant in the latest version, but I remember having problems trying to use it in BM aftercore where it would do crazy things when it wanted to change the MCD, which is obviously non-trivial in BM.

1. Is this still a problem?

2. Is it fixable, like by say turning off it trying to change the MCD setting?

Cheers.

It tried to change the MCD setting but it failed since the MCD-changing code in Mafia doesn't work for BM (good thing since it takes a turn) so what it mainly did was print a lot of messages about changing the MCD in the CLI but never actually doing so.

Theraze

Hmm... you sure it doesn't work to set MCD? I thought, looking at the code, that it did at least have the BM url listed. Maybe there's some sort of flag you have to throw or something though...

Winterbay

Dunno, I only know that it never spent an adventure and that the ML was reset to 0 and directly bounced back to 10 in the Mafia GUI when it tried. And when I went to check it in the relay browser it was still on 10.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Ok, I've made a few changes to the script and have enclosed my version. It adds a new setting you can check to ignore the MCD (defaults to false). Don't know if this should become part of the default script; that depends on how reliable mafia's handling of the situation is. But at least you don't have to worry, now, that the script might do extra adventuring in some BM-related conditions.

Attachments

• relay_slime.ash
    23.9 KB · Views: 24

Theraze

Well, looked and the request/MindControlRequest file doesn't have BM handling for MCD... not sure where I thought I found it, since I've been wandering all over the place in the past few weeks. But no worries on BM accidentally dragging an adventure on MCD...

quamper

Thanks for this script, it's been working great for me. I've done 3 double nodule runs with it so far.

Does it make sense to equip the chamoisole for 1 turn at the point where the slime coating would kill you to get one more adventure before wiping off/getting slimed again? Is that something feasible for the script?

garjon

My Miniscule contribution

Altered the last posted version to use Greatest American Pants.

Attachments

• relay_slime.ash
    24 KB · Views: 31

Alhifar

Generally, it doesn't make sense to equip the chamoisole for just one adventure, the extra adventure really doesn't matter much, and it could reduce your ML too much if you are close.

infern0

The program doesn't end very intelligently (for me, anyway)

Running the relay version, say I arrive at the final fight on turn 44/100, it continues hitting the final noncombat and autoaborting until all 100 requests are finished.

I didn't have a problem running the old slime.ash, but after getting back into the tube after a long time out of it I've come across this problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Alhifar

Set your choice for the mother slime adventure to abort in the main interface. I should probably do that in the script, I'll add it in next time I update.

garjon

I have "Get spleen items before changing to default familiar" unchecked, yet it still switches to pixie instead of bander for min ml. What am I doing wrong?