Tiny Plastic Series 1 and 2 Checker

Spiny

Tiny Plastic Series 1 and 2 Checker v. 1.3

What is it?

This is an informational script that tracks whether or not you have the various Tiny Plastics for series one and two. You can have it check for just one series or both. The default behavior is to check for both.

The script checks all of your possessions: your Display Case (if you have one), Hagnks, Inventory, Closet, and Equipped items, It does NOT check your store (if you have one). It will check mall_price for each item if historical_price data is older than two days.

You will easily be able to see if you have at least one of each item in your Display Case. If you possess all the plastics in a series, you will be advised, accordingly to your situation, in regards to the relevant trophy.

Updates:

Optional purchase mode now included:

When enabled, it uses a user-defined overall budget to try to purchase missing Tiny Plastics from the mall. I've done my best to both ensure the user gets as many different plastics as they can for their budget, as well as protect the user from exceeding their budget.

The default behavior is not to buy anything and the budget is pre-set to 0. There is an optional choice of including rares which is set to false by default.

How to use it:

Place this script into your scripts folder and call it in the CLI with:
Code:
call TPChecker.ash

Changelog:
Version 1.0 - Public release
Version 1.1 - Veracity refactored script, bug fix
Version 1.2 - Purchase mode added
Version 1.3 - Improved logic for purchase mode

Attachments

• TPChecker.ash
    14.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I would have loved that script back when I was getting together my commons and uncommons for the trophy. (Praise to JLE for his service.)

Heffed

Very nice! The tables look great.

Any plans to add a purchase option if someone wants to buy those they don't have. (Although not likely the rares...)

Spiny

Very nice! The tables look great.

Any plans to add a purchase option if someone wants to buy those they don't have. (Although not likely the rares...)

Thanks for the feedback :) It's nice to hear.

I haven't as yet considered adding the option to buy the plastics, but I can think about it a bit. I'll try to whip something up along these lines, but it's a learning process for me, so please bear with me :D

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've not had the luxury of owning all plastics for either series so I have not been able to witness some of the code advisories in action. I believe they should work as intended. If someone who has already achieved either, or both, Tiny Plastic trophies, and still has all the required plastics is willing to test this for me, that would be great.

I have both trophies. I also still have all the tiny plastics in my display case.

I tried it out and noticed that it did not tell me that I had the series one trophy. I took a look at the code and saw the problem - but also saw that there was a lot of duplicated code to generate the two tables - so I refactored.

I attach the modified script. Have fun!

Attachments

• TPChecker.ash
    9.9 KB · Views: 102

Spiny

Thanks for checking out the script Veracity :)

I compared your changes to my own version and I was able to understand what you did and it does look more streamlined. Thanks for saving me the time it would have taken me to figure out how to do the same.

I'm holding off on updating the initial post as I'm in the process of coding a revision to support a purchase option as Heffed requested. I might get it done by tonight if I don't hit any snags.

Heffed

I like it. There is an oddity though.

If you already have all the common TP's and have set BuyRares to false, shouldn't the buy step abort?

Spiny

I like it. There is an oddity though.

If you already have all the common TP's and have set BuyRares to false, shouldn't the buy step abort?

Thanks Heffed, working on a fix for that now.

Edit: Fix included in v1.3

Last edited:

JohnAnon

Sorry for necro-ing, but I whipped up an unofficial new version that supports Series 3. Hope someone gets a use out of it.

Attachments

• TPChecker.ash
    16.6 KB · Views: 131