Make.meat.fast

HasteBro

With 177 adventures spent, it farmed only 20k, with a potential meat in the store of another 20k, which is a ridiculous amount compared to the 170-200k I usually farm in the castle.

From what I get, it tried to farm dusty bottles in the cellar, boosted my item drop to over 200%, ate 15 fullness and spent all those adventures in there and then the script just stopped after putting whatever it had to put in the mall.

I'll try it again tomorrow after changing some of the configuration (like safe adventuring, since the char I'm using is well over level 30)

I'll add the whole log later if you ask.

dj_d

Haste: you might try running it in "sim" mode and reviewing the output manually. But it's not at all farfetched (or uncommon) that farming wine yields items worth more in the mall than castlefarming.

Since you're high level, the safety threshold is being ignored already.

Rinn

Developer
I'd guess that the wine cellar is being reported incorrectly because it's assuming that the monsters can drop all 6 wines when in fact only 3 types can drop from a single corner.

Alhifar

Shouldn't line 125 be
Code:
if (!(favorite_familiars contains g))
rather than
Code:
if (!(favorite_familiars contains f))

As it is, only familiar "f" is checked to see if it is in favorites.

dj_d

You're right Alhifar, good catch! It won't affect normal users of the script but I'll fix it next time I update - after I have a chance to investigate the wine cellar.

dj_d

Found and fixed the wine cellar problem. Huge thanks for spotting that! In the process, I revamped it to stack rank all locations and work your way down the list, solving the duck adventure issue as well. I also am taking castle noncombats in to account as a special case, since they materially affect the outcome. Testing now (i.e. letting it run overnight); should have a new version up tomorrow.

CKtheFat

Just ran this script for the first real time (previously it came up with an error saying something like "adventures remaining, aborting" after only adventuring a few times, but it didn't happen with this new version).

So far, very neat! It didn't do anything exotic for me, just put me to the castle for about 25 adventures with pretty much the same equipment I'd use anyway.

More to report later when I let it run through another ~233 adventures.

dj_d

It won't do anything special after 233 more turns, except sell what you farmed. Where it gets interesting is when, as periodically happens, something spikes in price. For example, this script turned me on to Enchanted Bean farming, which averaged 200 meat-per-adventure more than the castle for a while -a side effect of enchanted bean burritos being included in new content (the epic quest). What's even better was that it figured out that the optimal combination for many farming areas is a mix of +item and +meat, since item drops cap at 100%. It will (now) also do things like hunt ducks for as long as you can before switching over to the castle.

ziz

It's recommended the Oasis for me. I added a bit to fix that, which might be hacky. First line for context:
Code:
      int combat_rate = 100 - appearances[$monster[none]];
      if (loc == $location[oasis in the desert] || loc == $location["Desert (Ultrahydrated)"])
        combat_rate = 83;

Cheese Loaf

Interesting- especially as I'm farming my way along to L30. How does it deal with things like spooky putty sheets? Does it use/maintain them? (Will it keep zapping clod hoppers, for example?)
Fortune cookies built in?
Auto-Olfaction?
Collection of gongs/agua?

Last edited:

th3y

In vars_charname.txt, I set: farm_staySafe false

And now farm.ash reports that *every* area is unsafe. (With this set to 'true', only a few locations are reported as unsafe.)

Here are the last couple of lines reported:

zlib reports that the area is unsafe to adventure in based on your 'threshold' setting.
Sorting locations by meat drops...
Error - no location found where you can adventure.

TH3Y thank you...

Last edited:

CKtheFat

Here's a little something interesting I ran across:

Code:
Now, to recap...
Starting EatDrink.ash (version 2.2).
Consuming up to 15 food, 0 booze, and 0 spleen
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 25000.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 1000 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 500 meat. Moxie subpoint is 5. Nonprime stat subpoint is 1.
Finished.
Spent 0 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 0. Spleen: 0. Adventures: 0. Muscle: 0. Moxie: 0. Mysticality: 0.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

Now executing on maximize item drop;familiar Baby Gravy Fairy;{Peeled Eyeballs};
Maximizing...
1 combinations checked, best score 154.69046

Searching for "rock and roll legend"...
Purchasing Rock and Roll Legend (1 @ 675)...
You acquire an item: Rock and Roll Legend
Purchases complete.
Casting The Moxious Madrigal on yourself 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 10 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was successfully cast on yourself.

Request 1 of 63 (Woods: 8-Bit Realm) in progress...
You acquire an item: continuum transfunctioner
Holding continuum transfunctioner...
You can't equip an off-hand item while wielding a 2-handed weapon.

I'm not sure whether you want to address this, but the script stopped me because I can't adventure in the zone without an offhand item, and yet it recommended (I'm not sure why) that I use the halibut. Not a biggie, it's just time-consumed to restart the script after a little hiccup like this.

I'm also not sure why it bought me a Rock and Roll Legend. I already gots one, you see.

th3y

I'm also not sure why it bought me a Rock and Roll Legend. I already gots one, you see.

I suspect this is because KoL's new inventory interface seems to have broken how mafia handles quest items in inventory. From http://builds.kolmafia.us/ :

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r7660 | veracity0 | 2009-09-28 20:39:00 +0000 (Mon, 28 Sep 2009) | 2 lines

Parse new quest item format on inventory pages.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, get that new release build and see if things don't improve.

-That's what TH3Y think

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Rock and Roll Legend is not a quest item. Even before that revision, KoLmafia saw my Rock and Roll Legend just fine.

dj_d

@Cheeseloaf: no.
@Ziz: Good catch, but unfortunately your fix won't work. I added an adjustment for that; it considers both regular ultrahydrated (5 turns) and extra (20 turns from clover), taking in to account the cost of the clovers, and chooses whichever is best. It won't use clovers if you don't have mall access.
@Th3y: Stupid logic error on my part; fixed.

New version up!

ziz

@dj_d: well, at the time I made the change originally, it made an apparently reasonable adjustment to the Oasis value and sent me off to the wine cellar (before you fixed the you-don't-get-all-six issue), but looking at it now I have no idea /why/ it worked, since as you observe, it shouldn't.

I'll try out the new version when I get out of BM again.

Last edited: