Make.meat.fast

Grotfang

Developer
I've been getting this problem... - '[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1339)'

Could anyone help? Thanks.

Go to that line and remove the "the".

catatonicmonkey

I'm still rather new to this whole scripting thing, but I've been fiddling with this script and keep getting this error: "Function 'can_adv( location, boolean )' undefined (farm.ash, line 518)." It's come up in more than one place, but for the life of me I can't see what the problem is. Any help?

catatonicmonkey

Problem is simple to fix. Download CanAdv to your script directory.

It's sitting in my scripts folder right now and I'm getting the same error.

EDIT: The reasoning seems to be that CanAdv itself is throwing an error:
"Function 'vprint( string, int )' undefined (canadv.ash, line 38)"

Last edited:

catatonicmonkey

Huh, I thought I had the most recent version of that. Guess I missed something somewhere.

Sorry for being a pain, everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!

caphector

What are the plans for Olfaction? I love the idea of the script, but right now I run it in sim mode and decide if I like the results, then set olfaction manually, and run it in farm mode.

Is there any testing I can do to help move it forward?

Oh, one more thing - I'm predicting about 1146 meat per adventure with this script (hard to calculate the actual number since mall prices vary a bit), using widely available items. On the recommended diet, that's about 300k meat per day net of food and booze, and without exotic buffs like thingfinder or outfits like hodge gear. Just to give you some idea of what you can expect.

Sorry if this is already answered, but I don't feel like going through 25 pages looking.

I make that much castle farming. I DO have Hodge, a BRC and other high end farming items can I do substantially better that 300K running this?

Last edited:

halfvoid

Sorry if this is already answered, but I don't feel like going through 25 pages looking.

I make that much castle farming. I DO have Hodge, a BRC and other high end farming items can I do substantially better that 300K running this?

I've gotten almost 500k without any of the hodge or brc gear before. Just depends on what's hot in the mall.

Tipmon

ok so i got it (liked the password by the way really smart) and i open the directory and waht i do with zip files almost always is extract them to another folder and when i do that i get the error '! C:\Users\Alex.Felicia-PC.000\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI03.121\to_zip.zip: Cannot open C:\Users\Alex.Felicia-PC.000\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI03.121\to_zip.zip
The system cannot find the file specified.
' and it will not move them so i have no idea what to do any help?
*note: im using vista cause i know that matters

dj_d

Vista is finicky about where you open files, making sure you have proper permissions, etc. I recommend putting it in My Docs. Then unzip it in to that folder. Also, I recommend using Windows' built in unzip, which I know works, and not WinRAR or similar, which is untested.

direhit

With the new iotm Stinky Cheese Eye, does the script consider the increasing charging meat and item drop?
Or do we have to change the outfit manually after charging the Stinky Cheese Item?

Bale

Minion
At this time mafia won't even notice the initial 1% bonus. I'm quite certain that there is no way that farm.ash could be accounting for it. You're on your own using the Stinky Eye.

direhit

I have a question/problem. The script tells me to farm the rotund duck at the farm but i've exhausted the adventures allowed there already. Is there a way to list the next best most profitable location?

CKtheFat

I'm getting an error trying to run this script. The error goes like this:

> call scripts\farm.ash

[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

I've just updated the main KoLMafia program to build 7957, the most recent, and replaced all the old files in my scripts folder with those from the ascend.ash package. I've also tried adding in the newest version of EatDrink.ash, but it only gets me the same error.

Any thoughts? Is the ascend.ash file out of date with the current version? Since others don't seem to have this problem, I assume not.

Edit: D'oh. I looked through the thread again and the file is indeed out of date. My solution was to delete the "the" in the offending line. Sorry.

Last edited:

Tipmon

ok thanks i will try that now and post the results

EDIT: ok it opened and i extracted and got it all into kolmafia. I start to run it and it says that there is an error 'Begin index 0 greater than end index-1 (canadv.ash, line 48)'
so i went and looked at it and since this is all ash scripty i cant tell what i need to change to fix it, so im now confused

Last edited:

halfvoid

I'm not sure I understand how? I have never gotten more then just over 100k while running farm.ash... What am I doing wrong?

I don't remember what item it was, but something in the Oasis was going for a ridiculous amount in the mall that day. Possibly the drum machine. After all the drum machine's sold i netted about 500k meat.