Make.meat.fast

fuzzyevil

Is olfaction going to be implemented at some point? I understand that it's a pain to code it in, and that's why it's not in yet, but a farming script that doesn't account for olfaction is kindof limited.

Bazaaretw

I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet, but I find that when it calculated the buffs, such as peeled eyeballs, it will only make the buff once, is there a purpose for that? Am I having to read quickly in the CLI to see which buffs I need to quickly add to the mood, or is this something that the script was written to do it's self, or possibly even just buff enough for the amount of adventures it's about to use?

Thanks.

Bazaaretw

Is there a way to make the script drink and spleen as well? It only eats whenever I run it.

It's programmed to drink and spleen at the end of run to stock pile adventures in case you wish to use them for the next day's holiday or stat day or such. If you let it run it will do it at the end and show you, but you can also change this in your data folder in your vars file.

Braska

Hello

Have you created an outfit called pajama's? If not, you should make an outfit designed to maximize rollover adventures, name it pajamas, and then run the script. Problem solved.

halfvoid

Have you created an outfit called pajama's? If not, you should make an outfit designed to maximize rollover adventures, name it pajamas, and then run the script. Problem solved.

i myself just changed that like of code where it switched to the pajama's outfit to do a "maximize adv" cli command instead.

Atreyuu

i myself just changed that like of code where it switched to the pajama's outfit to do a "maximize adv" cli command instead.

How would one go about that? I've found the line in the script...

outfit ("Pajamas");

Can I just change that like to

maximize adv

or something like that?

Thanks, still rather new at running scripts in Mafia.

tgetgel

Replace it with this:

cli_execute("maximize adv");

This probably does not matter to most, but the release notes for r7858 states (among other stuff):
Maximizing "adv" now implies "-tie". In the unlikely event that someone
wants to use the tiebreaker in this case, spelling the modifier in full as
"adventures" bypasses this.

So that would be cli_execute("maximize adventures");

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think most people still want cli_execute("maximize adv"); because they don't care about mafia doing stuff with their equipment that has no effect on the adventures the gear will give them.

Spiny

The -tie option is cool if you're low level and need to log in with as much mana as possible to cast summoning skills or whatnot, otherwise if +adv is all that matters, then maximize adv is just fine.

If you care about adventures and mana you still don't want +tie, you want to explicitly specify relative values for both. I would suggest something like cli_execute("maximize 100 adventures, 1 mp");

Bazaaretw

"farm_assumeMall"

Whats this function for? I imagine this at true puts the items farmed in the mall, because as far as I've seen in the past week of farming it's been auto selling instead.

Thanks,

Upon testing, I don't believe that's what it does. but I would still like to know what this option is for.

Last edited:

dj_d

As the comment says:
Code:
//Assume you will sell the proceeds in the mall, even if you're in ronin or
//hardcore.  Not sure why you'd want to do this, but here it is. :)

When it's deciding what's worth the most meat, it will pretend you have a store and can sell it, even if that's not true. A contrived case might be that you're in ronin burning a bunch of turns with the expectation that you'll sell the results for meat when you get out of ronin.

Bazaaretw

Nah, definitely aftercore, and I remember when I posted this it had just gotten done adventuring in the oasis and it auto sold a few jackets which I know are worth a bit more, so I was curious.

ammy55

is there a tutorial or something to tell me how to configure the farm.ASH script or is it optimal out of the box

Last edited:

hello

I've been getting this problem... - '[the ode to booze] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1339)'

Could anyone help? Thanks.