Feature - Implemented Add property for free megatofu (3x) / Lager (3x) at McMillicancuddy's Farmhouse

mgreen52

Please add a property (daily variable) for the daily 3x megatofu (if quest is completed with the War Hippy Fatigues) / 3x McMillicancuddy's Special Lager (if quest is completed with the Frat Warrior Fatigues) at McMillicancuddy's Farmhouse.

Scripts can make use of this property to remind users if they have not collected the free items from the Farm.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
AFAIK this visit is part of the breakfast command What is the use case for tracking this separately instead of just calling breakfast, perhaps at the end of a session?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The breakfast command itself could use this, rather than simply visiting the farm every time. Ditto for visiting the Lighthouse. Note the code in BreakfastManager:

Code:
	public static void visitHippy()
	{
		if ( Preferences.getBoolean( "_hippyMeatCollected" ) )
		{
			return;
		}
		KoLmafia.updateDisplay( "Collecting cut of hippy profits..." );
		RequestThread.postRequest( new GenericRequest( "shop.php?whichshop=hippy" ) );
		KoLmafia.forceContinue();
	}

public static void visitFarmer()
	{
		IslandRequest request = IslandRequest.getFarmerRequest();
		if ( request != null )
		{
			RequestThread.postRequest( request );
		}
	}

public static void visitPyro()
	{
		IslandRequest request = IslandRequest.getPyroRequest();
		if ( request != null )
		{
			RequestThread.postRequest( request );
		}
	}
We have a property to control whether we've collected Meat from the Farmstand, but not the Farmer or the Lighthouse.

mgreen52

We have a property to control whether we've collected Meat from the Farmstand, but not the Farmer or the Lighthouse.

Yes, this is why I requested to add a property for Farmhouse. We already have _hippyMeatCollected, so we should also have a property for Farmhouse.

IIRC when you collect the meat or items, you need to wear the same outfit as the one you completed the sidequest with. Therefore I believe some players may want to delay it.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
IIRC when you collect the meat or items, you need to wear the same outfit as the one you completed the sidequest with. Therefore I believe some players may want to delay it.

Sort of.

TheKolWiki said:
If visiting before the end of the Mysterious Island Quest, you must be dressed as a soldier (who has access to the produce stand). After the end of the Mysterious Island Quest, there are no equipment requirements.
--https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/The_Organic_Produce_Stand

So, after is any outfit. Before is any soldier with access. It doesn't have to be the one who completed it.

I didn't look at the other quests, but this could be more aggressive, trying on the outfits and getting the produce/meat.

Last edited:

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
and it looks like the farm may be different. Assuming the Wiki is correct, which it would surprise me if it's not.

I usually skip the ducks, since it takes 25-ish turns to save 16. But I can this run to check this is out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My understanding is that you can only collect free bombs or megatofu/lager while the war is running. Afterwards, the Lighthouse is replaced by Sonofa Beach and the farm by duck hunting.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
yep, that's true on when each is available. What I meant was that the produce stand can be visited in any o or none but the farm requires the outfit you completed in. I tested this and I get different messages for the farm if I change outfits.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK. Breakfast assumes that for both the Lighthouse and the Farm - wear the outfit you unlocked them with in order to collect the free stuff from them.
Both of them simply need properties - like the produce stand - to track whether they've been visited yet today.

That would be used by breakfast, as well as scripts which want to deal with it outside of breakfast.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not the Hippy Farm, so that's a good property name.
I'll submit something like what you came up with, though.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Thanks mgreen52! r20459

EDIT: oh crap! I had this page open for 20 minutes before I did anything. Veracity, you can just rename his prop before anyone uses it. Sorry sorry sorry

mgreen52

I thought the Farm is hippy's side because the Defowl the Farm sidequest is initially available while wearing the War Hippy Fatigues (just like The Organic Orchard), but then I found that The Organic Produce Stand sells everything The Hippy Store does (+3 new fruit), hence the property name "_hippyMeatCollected".

The new name is good and thanks for implementing this feature!