3. Flip through it looking for the Disgeist

Expected:
It's in there somewhere

Actual:
It ain't

Notes:
Could be others missing too…?

fredg1

The "main" display can only hold so many familiars (without having to group them in one of those menus)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The "main" display shows only familiars you have marked as favorites within KoL. Everything else gets sorted into submenus.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Swing issue? Can you run KoLmafia at full screen and see whether the dropdown has passive or there is a scroll bar?

Atario

Mmm, I think I see what's happening now. A familiar only appears in one place no matter what — in the favorite/recent list or in the full hierarchy or currently active. Appearing in any of those places removes it from all the others, which was confusing me; I was expecting the hierarchy to be a complete list of owned familiars at all times. Come to that, I suppose I also expected the recent/favorite list not to change when one of those was made active either. And then, of course, selecting the already-active familiar from somewhere would do nothing.

The way this works seems to violate some kind of principle of UI design, though I couldn't tell you which one that would be, off the top of my head. I feel like selecting something should place a checkmark next to it, not remove it.