Cargo Shorts GUI

ikzann

First crack at a relay script, so hopefully this works for folks.

Code:
svn checkout https://github.com/phulin/shorts-ui/branches/master/build

screenshot.png

The UI itself is built with Preact, which is not something I've seen before in a relay script. Feel free to steal the skeleton if you want. It makes the actual UI code much easier to write.

Feel free to report bugs here or on Github.

Thanks to Ezandora for the choice override library.

AlbinoRhino

Wow...that's a lot of files for a relay override...but it's sure beautiful. Also, thanks for the chess piece section...it wasn't shown in the screenshot so I wasn't expecting it to be there. Well done & thanks!

This seems great. However I tried it and something weird is going on where it was trying to take me to Madame Zatara every time I tried to press an option, select a pocket after manually typing it in or picking the pocket from the list of pocket buttons. I had to uninstall the script to let me use the pants again. Idk if it was just something with that pocket (I was going for filthworm scent) or if it was just something weird with my mafia going on. I'll test it again tomorrow to see if happens again.

Edit: It worked fine when I grabbed a chess piece so I'm not sure what was up before.

Last edited:

Xande1

Is there a plan to add more pockets to the shorts GUI? Even if they're hidden behind a "Show More" button, I'd like to not have to go to the wiki when I want the frost-rimed desk bell, or any of the other Yeg's motel items (gear, toothbrush, mint, etc.).

Other things of note: Superhuman elemental resistance buffs (I would propose 1 button that picks the 11 pockets for the given element in sequence), cursed piece of thirteen, blue plastic oyster egg (needed for hardmode Mayor Ghost, and since the oyster egg revamp, this is the only source). I think that's a fairly complete list of "interesting" pockets, but I haven't looked at all the available buffs in detail, so I may well be missing something.

ikzann

I wasn't planning on adding more pockets directly to the GUI to keep the UI uncluttered - at least for the in-run view. I think ~all the items you mention should be available in the aftercore view, though. If you have an idea for how UI should work to add additional pocket buttons, I'd be happy to take a pull request on github or a patch here.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I wasn't planning on adding more pockets directly to the GUI to keep the UI uncluttered - at least for the in-run view. I think ~all the items you mention should be available in the aftercore view, though. If you have an idea for how UI should work to add additional pocket buttons, I'd be happy to take a pull request on github or a patch here.

I didn't realize there were two views. How do I change? If it automagically switches based upon the king liberation status then this is a feature request to optionally force the switch anyway. The character who has never ascended but not yet freed the king uses the script and since relay overrides are global and not character specific.

Xande1

I haven't seen any additional buttons (or unfold additional options controls) in aftercore. I wasn't specifically looking for changes in aftercore, though, so the next time I break the prism (I'm currently in-run), I'll double check. But I think whatever view switching is supposed to happen isn't, at least for me. I'll report when I can look more closely.

Web UI's are way outside of my usual bailiwick, but with a decent template to copy from (the existing code), I can probably cobble something together. Let me finish my current personal KoL scripting project, and I'll look at coming up with a patch that's not-terrible.

I didn't realize there were two views. How do I change? If it automagically switches based upon the king liberation status then this is a feature request to optionally force the switch anyway.
What Frono said. I don't think I've seen the aftercore interface, and I've been in aftercore with the UI enabled, but again, I need to double check. And yeah, if there's a second view that shows that other stuff, then a button to force switching views would satisfy my request perfectly.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Latest version according to KoLmafie being forced to update it.

No difference between the character with an unbroken prism and one with a broken prism, at least when I had them in two tabs and switched back and forth trying to eyeball something that was not the result of pockets opened.

Xande1

Can you double check that you are running the latest version?

Latest version according to KoLmafie being forced to update it.

No difference between the character with an unbroken prism and one with a broken prism, at least when I had them in two tabs and switched back and forth trying to eyeball something that was not the result of pockets opened.

I was getting the same results as Frono, now that I'm out of run. Remembering that there was some issue with one of Ezandora's scripts once upon a time (possibly Guide? I don't remember) where it would claim to update but the files wouldn't change correctly, I uninstalled this script and reinstalled it, and lo and behold, I got the fabled aftercore UI! So the problem is some sort of SVN update error, and not the script itself.

I'd still like a button/setting to let me switch back and forth between the aftercore and in-run GUI's at will, but overall I'm pretty happy with the aftercore UI. Cheers and thanks, ikzann!

ikzann

Yeah, that's a frequent problem that results from Mafia's file cache, which should probably just get emptied any time there's an SVN update. I'll put submitting a patch for that on my todo list.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, that's a frequent problem that results from Mafia's file cache, which should probably just get emptied any time there's an SVN update. I'll put submitting a patch for that on my todo list.

Out of curiosity would you describe the caching problem observed.