Bug - Fixed Unable to adventure in the Dwarven Factory Warehouse

Glitch

Hello amazing KoLmafia Dev Team! :D

First off, I can't imagine playing KoL without Mafia, so a huge thank you for your hard work!

Regarding the bug I'm experiencing - I was trying to solve the Dwarven Factory Complex Puzzle and everything else seems to be working normally, but when I click on the Dwarven Factory Warehouse in Google Chrome, my relay browser just gives the error shown in the attached screenshots.

The Graphical CLI tab just outputs this:
[3679] Dwarven Factory Warehouse

rather than this:
Encounter: <whatever is supposed to output here when the adventure takes place>

When I tried adventuring at the Warehouse in Firefox, I can click on "Warehouse (1)", but instead of going to a gray error page like Chrome does, the Firefox browser just sits there. The only observable action is again in the Graphical CLI tab, which outputs only this:

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

KoLmafia v20.7 r20329

-Glitch (#1885144)

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 002.PNG
    002.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 003.PNG
    003.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I haven't done that quest in years, but I'll free the king tomorrow and will try it out.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I had this issue earlier this year. I think its something like that Dwarven Factory Warehouse uses very old drunkenness-checking code and doesn't respect inebriety limit modifiers? Try it having only drunk to 14.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I opened that quest and went to the warehouse.
I saw the warehouse in Chrome.
I clicked it (and it submitted dwarffactory.php?action=ware).

Code:
pull: 1 miner's helmet, 1 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 1 miner's pants
outfit Mining Gear

[757] Dwarven Factory Warehouse
You acquire an item: dwarf bread
This was at 0 inebriety.

I drank up to 15 inebriety
I went to the warehouse.
I clicked it (and it submitted dwarffactory.php?action=ware).

Code:
[758] Dwarven Factory Warehouse
You acquire an item: sprocket

I drank up to 20 inebriety (still not overdrunk ;) )
I went to the warehouse.
I clicked on it (and it submitted dwarffactory.php?action=ware).

Chrome gave me an error screen, but I had DEBUG logging:

You're too drunk to be wandering around in the warehouse, it frightens you and has you tied up in knots.

-----

I logged in to KoL without KoLmafia and tried the same thing and I saw it fine in the browser.

So, KoLmafia is interfering with displaying the message in the Relay Browser.
I will investigate that - but gausie is correct that KoL itself has a bug here.
I will subnit a bug report to KoL Ha ha ha.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 10.35.29 AM.png

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, ha ha. Looking at my console:

Code:
Exception in thread "LocalRelayAgent0" java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.base/java.lang.StringBuilder.<init>(StringBuilder.java:100)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.DwarfFactoryRequest.eliminateItemRune(DwarfFactoryRequest.java:422)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.DwarfFactoryRequest.pruneItemRunes(DwarfFactoryRequest.java:416)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.DwarfFactoryRequest.eliminateItemRune(DwarfFactoryRequest.java:444)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.DwarfFactoryRequest.pruneItemRunes(DwarfFactoryRequest.java:416)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.DwarfFactoryRequest.eliminateItemRune(DwarfFactoryRequest.java:444)
It is failing to show the error in the relay browser because our code to process the result of visiting the warehouse was unable to handle the error message, instead of runes.
I will fix that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20330 fixes that issue and now you get the expected (erroneous) "You are to drunk to be here" message in the Relay browser.
I'm marking this fixed, here. KoL has a bug - and I will submit a bug report - but KoLmafia is no longer failing to show you KoL's message.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoL bug report submitted.

Although this is old content, it is a guild quest, rather than a buggy old IOTM, so maybe they will consider fixing it?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Mobile vbulletin deleted messages so happily with even the slightest fat finger.

Anyway apparently they know about the bug but aren't hugely bothered. Thanks for fixing this veracity!!

Glitch

Revision 20330 fixes that issue and now you get the expected (erroneous) "You are to drunk to be here" message in the Relay browser.
I'm marking this fixed, here. KoL has a bug - and I will submit a bug report - but KoLmafia is no longer failing to show you KoL's message.

Thank you Veracity and gausie!!!

That's exactly what was happening to me. I was at 20/20 on my liver when trying to adventure there.

Updated to your new revision and it's working great.

You folks are amazing! :D

-Glitch