Bug - Not A Bug Standard restrictions not being applied to skills (r20329)

Malibu Stacey

Just started a new Normal Standard run & noticed TourGuide is telling me I have casts of Macrometeorite & Meteor Shower available

Code:
> ash have_skill($skill[Meteor Lore])

Returned: true

> ash have_skill($skill[Rainbow Gravitation])

Returned: true

> ash my_path()

Returned: Standard

> ash turns_played()

Returned: 0

> version

KoLmafia v20.7 r20329

Malibu Stacey

Ignore this. It's a KoL bug. The KoL daily reminders were showing things I couldn't possibly use in Standard like Create Prismatic Wad and Evoke Eldritch Horror.
It's fixed after restarting KoLMafia so a logout & login likely forced KoL to reparse the skill list correctly.

Someone else had an almost identical issue in an Ed run not too long ago where their new ascension was parsed as having all their perms available.

If I can figure out how to reliably make it happen I'd bug report it but my strong suspicion is it's a race condition which is going to make reproducing it not so easy.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If it’s an issue with you ascending and continuing in the same session without logging out and in, KoLmafia should be able to handle that, since it should reparse the charsheet. If that is not happening, give me more details and a DEBUG log.

Malibu Stacey

If it’s an issue with you ascending and continuing in the same session without logging out and in, KoLmafia should be able to handle that, since it should reparse the charsheet. If that is not happening, give me more details and a DEBUG log.

It usually does but it looks like there's a rare issue where KoL itself can present the wrong info. As I said, the KoL main page was showing access to skills I should not have been able to access (and couldn't access after relogging). If the KoL api is giving the wrong info, that's no fault of KoLmafia & I wouldn't expect it to have to handle such a case.

I doubt I'll see it again anyway, it seems pretty rare to occur.