Commands for past IotMs

locked_lunatic

Are there any commands to easily access past IotM features?

For example setting a tier list for Voting Booth buffs, making a specific number of Kramco sausages (with selling the necessary amount of meat paste), duplicating a food with the Time-Spinner and so on.

I couldn't find any scripts either. The Autoscend script has some helpful code I can use as base for some things, but if something already exists there would be no need for me to write everything from scratch.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Each of those things requires its own support.

Checking "help vote" and "ashref vote" shows nothing, which is what I expected. There isn't any support, so that is all up to visit_url() to handle.

You can just "make 5 kramco sausage" (or equivalent ASH commands) and all the meat stack/paste creating will be handled.

Doing "help time" or "help spin" finds the timespinner command, and the help text should be sufficient to see how it's used.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ezandora has a voting booth script. She never announced it here, but I noticed autoscend called it. Unfortunately, there is no forum thread, I think. I believe I added it to the Script Manager. If there is no forum thread with documentation, perhaps she could be enticed to start one?

zarqon

If it's helpful, I have a wee little script I use for voting. You can see pretty easily how I weight the various modifiers and you can edit it to taste. It doesn't do anything special with choosing monsters though -- just chooses a random monster.

Attachments

• vote.ash
    4.3 KB · Views: 23

locked_lunatic

"make 5 magical sausage" works, thanks for the help.

The timespinner command works too and really helps, thanks. I had only checked ashref and didn't find anything.

I was aware of voting booth script in autoscend, but that only had the option to choose randomly as far as I could tell.
zarqon's script was exactly what I was looking for, so thanks for providing that.

Crowther

If it's helpful, I have a wee little script I use for voting. You can see pretty easily how I weight the various modifiers and you can edit it to taste. It doesn't do anything special with choosing monsters though -- just chooses a random monster.
Nice. Now I can replace that line that just said, "print Go Vote!"

For sausage, I do "burn -0;eat X sausage", where X is my max MP/1000. Mafia handles all the rest. I should really makes a script for that.

zarqon

I also handle sausages using "eat" in my logout as part of burning mana from free restores.

And, glad you found my script useful!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
_voteToday

But there are several other voting variables so there is probably a fair amount of support and the doc is just not up to date :)

zarqon

I don't see a variable in the list of properties that I can check to see if I have voted already

The above script already checks that, so you could have a look there (line 89). Pretty sure there isn't a property for that because there doesn't need to be -- you can just check to see if you have a sticker.

locked_lunatic

How do I check the hot airport quests to see if the Acquire Medical Supplies quest is available to exchange 5 New Age healing crystals for a Volcoino?

What I have right now is the visit to the place
Code:
string temp = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=airport_hot&action=airport4_questhub", false);
I assume the next thing I need to do is make a matcher to find the quest name and the corresponding button?

You don't have to, because mafia will do that for you: visiting that page is enough to get mafia to fill the built-in variables, you can find them with prefref volcanoItem (there's a bunch of them, so I'm not gonna list them all).

If you want some inspiration (or a lazy shortcut) you can check out my implementation here: Charters.ash

locked_lunatic

This isn't really a question about past IotMs but it's not worth opening a new topic for this.

How do I switch clans?
And what does auto_consultClan do?