Malibu Stacey

Code:
--------------------
10582	SpinMaster™ lathe	885327941	lathe.gif	usable		0
# Item SpinMaster™ lathe
--------------------
--------------------
10581	packaged SpinMaster™ lathe	778319583	lathebox.gif	usable	t	0
# Item packaged SpinMaster™ lathe: Use it to make various cylinders and tubes out of wood
Item	packaged SpinMaster™ lathe	Free Pull
--------------------

use 1 packaged SpinMaster™ lathe
You acquire an item: SpinMaster™ lathe

use 1 SpinMaster™ lathe
--------------------
10583	flimsy hardwood scraps	303504638	lathescraps.gif	none	t,d	5
# Item flimsy hardwood scraps
--------------------
You acquire an item: flimsy hardwood scraps
--------------------
Results:	buy	1	beechwood blowgun	ROW1163
--------------------
--------------------
10587	beechwood blowgun	835216330	latheblowgun.gif	weapon	q	0
beechwood blowgun	100	Mox: 0	1-handed blowgun
# Item beechwood blowgun: Lets you fire poison darts at your foes
Item	beechwood blowgun	Ranged Damage Percent: +100, Moxie: +25, Experience (Moxie): +5, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
--------------------
Results:	buy	1	birch battery	ROW1160
--------------------
--------------------
10584	birch battery	329627496	lathebattery.gif	accessory	q	0
birch battery	0	none
Item	birch battery	Maximum MP: +100, MP Regen Min: 15, MP Regen Max: 20, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
--------------------
Results:	buy	1	ebony epee	ROW1161
--------------------
--------------------
10585	ebony epee	673552059	latheepee.gif	weapon	q	0
ebony epee	100	Mus: 0	1-handed sword
# Item ebony epee: Lets you disarm your foes
Item	ebony epee	Weapon Damage Percent: +100, Muscle: +25, Experience (Muscle): +5, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
--------------------
Results:	buy	1	maple magnet	ROW1164
--------------------
--------------------
10588	maple magnet	935934321	lathemagnet.gif	offhand	q	0
maple magnet	0	none
Item	maple magnet	Maximum HP: +100, Weapon Drop: +50, Accessory Drop: +50, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------
--------------------
Results:	buy	1	weeping willow wand	ROW1162
--------------------
--------------------
10586	weeping willow wand	149923505	lathewand.gif	weapon	q	0
weeping willow wand	100	Mus: 0	1-handed wand
# Item weeping willow wand: Lets you blast your foes with tears
Item	weeping willow wand	Spell Damage Percent: +100, Mysticality: +25, Experience (Mysticality): +5, Lasts Until Rollover
--------------------

Looks like it will need coinmaster handling.
There's 6 more items in the store which need unlocked somehow and they look like they aren't purchased with flimsy hardwood scraps.
No idea where you get more flimsy hardwood scraps from yet beyond the one free from using it the first time.

Malibu Stacey

When you unbox it, there's a "use" link added in the relay browser which when clicked takes you to a "this item is not implemented yet, try again later". It should likely be going to shop.php?whichshop=lathe which is what the [lathe something] link on it in inventory goes to.

Code:
> version

KoLmafia v20.7 r20279

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That was supposed to be handled in 20279 (the only reason I bothered with that before going to bed). It is probably handled in 20280.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Code:
--------------------
7341 Disarming Thrust latheepee.gif 5 0 0
--------------------
--------------------
7342 Barrage of Tears lathewand.gif 5 0 0
--------------------
--------------------
7343 Poison Dart latheblowgun.gif 5 0 0
--------------------
The skills granted by the ebony epee, weeping willow wand and beechwood blowgun.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looks like it will need coinmaster handling.
There's 6 more items in the store which need unlocked somehow and they look like they aren't purchased with flimsy hardwood scraps.
No idea where you get more flimsy hardwood scraps from yet beyond the one free from using it the first time.
We support coinmasters which have multiple "currencies":

Mr. Store has Mr. Accessory and Uncle Buck
Cosmic Ray's Bazaar has white pixels, fat loot tokens, rare meat isotopes, and Meat.

We support coinmasters in which certain items are not yet "unlocked":

The PirateRealm Fun-a-Log.

We support "learning" about new offerings (and their required currency) when visiting a coinmaster:

Mr. Store
The Armory ane Leggery - trading powdered "Standard" rewards for earlier "Standard" rewards.

Which is to say, we probably have all the required technologies to support this, although I'd like to understand more how it works - what the other "currencies" are, how to get them, etc - before deciding the best way to implement it.

I don't like how we generated the "coinmaster" entries:

Code:
Results:	buy	1	beechwood blowgun	ROW1163
Results:	buy	1	birch battery	ROW1160
Results:	buy	1	ebony epee	ROW1161
Results:	buy	1	maple magnet	ROW1164
Results:	buy	1	weeping willow wand	ROW1162
Why "Results:" rather than "Your SpinMaster™ lathe", which is surely what the "name" of the coinmaster should be?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That probably happened because when I visited shop.php?whichshop=lathe for the first time, it showed me two blue-bordered panels:

1) Results: You acquire an item: flimsy hardwood scraps
2) Your SpinMaster™ lathe

I wonder if I will get more scraps tomorrow?
I could fix NPCPurchaseRequest to look for another blue-bordered section if the first one it gets is titles "Results:".
Revision 20282 does that. We'll see how it works tomorrow, maybe.

In the greyed-out rows which are not unlocked yet, I see the following images:

hemlock.gif
balsam.gif
purpleheart.gif
wormwood.gif
redwood.gif
dripwood.gif

Some of those are fairly suggestive about where to look for new drops...

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
You get 1 flimsy hardwood scraps the first time you use your lathe per day. Can this be added to breakfast, please?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20285 adds initial woods and lathed objects.

Includes 3 "special" woods (from Smut Orcs, Dreadsylvania, Wormwood) found in mall, the items created from those - and an additional item that was zapped, but for which the source wood is not yet known.

I have enough information to do the Coinmaster, although we'll need to see the 3 additional woods and two additional lathed items in order to finish it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20286 adds Your SpinMaster™ lathe as a coinmaster.

The only items it currently has are the initial flimsy hardwood scraps items and the hemlock helm. That's because we need the "row" in order to purchase things, that shows only if you have unlocked it, and, so far, the onkly special lumber I've personally found is Dreadsylvanian hemlock, although I hope to get several more today.

The coinmaster is sort of fancy:

- When you visit it, it detects if you there is a new item/currency there - and will log it.
- If you have unlocked an item for which we don't know the row, we log the coinmasters.txt line necessary to use it.
- We detect which items you have unlocked. We don't store them in a Preference, but they are available for purchase.

That means that you have to visit the coinmaster this login in order to buy items which need to be unlocked. That's how the FunALog works too.
We should probably store in a setting and update it whenever we notice you've unlocked something new.

Things to determine

- what is "purpleheart" wood?
- what is "drippy wood"?
- what rows will create balsam barrel, purpleheart "pants", wormwood wedding ring, redwood rain stick, (and whatever drippy wood makes)

So, 3 new items and 5 new show "rows" for use in the coinmaster.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20287 adds balsam barrel, redwood rain stick and wormwood wedding ring to the SpinMaster lathe coinmaster.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20289 will visit your SpinMaster™ lathe as part of breakfast, if you have one, to collect flimsy hardwood scraps.:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have collected five of the six "special" lathing woods and see them in shop.
If I closet them, I don't see them in the shop.

Which is to say, unlike the Fun-A-Log, you don't "unlock" these items. KoL will simply not show them to you unless you have the ingredient.

That will simplify the coinmaster a bit. We don't really need to determine which items you know how to make; all that matters is if you have the ingredient. I still want the code to detect unknown creations, since there is one I don't know, yet, but no need to keep track of whether you otherwise know how to create any particular item.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20297 adds the Dripwood slab and drippy diadem. It also removes the Lathed Livery zap group.

Revision 20298 adds a boolean property - _redwoodRainStickUsed - to track the once-per day usage of the redwood rain stick. I was amused to see that _rainStrickUsed already exists to track the usage of the red and green rain stick.

The only thing left is to add the drippy diadem to coinmasters.txt. We can't do that until we get the "row" assigned to it in the shop. Simply visiting the shop with a Dripwood slab in inventory will log the necessary line. The coinmaster is otherwise all set up to handle that item.

I am currently spending 20 turns a day in the Drippy Trees, trying to farm up a couple of Dripwood slabs. No joy, so far, but I'll get one, by and by.

Magus_Prime

It took almost 70 turns but I got a dripwood slab and visited the lathe:

Code:
Visiting Your SpinMaster™ lathe
--------------------
Your SpinMaster™ lathe	buy	1	drippy diadem	ROW1170
--------------------

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks! That was the next-unused row number in the shop, so, logical choice, but I like to know for sure.

Revision 20305.

I think this new content is done.