Bug - Not A Bug smithness items HP tracking issues

taltamir

There is an issue with mafia's HP tracking involving hand in glove and the other smithness items.

Wearing the outfit:
hairpiece on fire
misty robe
denim jacket
sticky hand whip
half a purse
vicar's tutu
plaid pocket square
hand in glove
ratskin belt

I have a max HP of 271
CLI command unequip acc2 changes it to max HP of 267
hitting refresh button then changes it to 253

CLI command equip acc2 Hand in Glove changes max HP to 257
hitting refresh button then changes it to 271

unequip hat shows no change
hitting refresh button then changes it to 257

Note: The above is while under the effects of Merry Smithsness buff which gives +25 smithness

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What is your character class?
Do you have any effects other than Merry Smithness?
What is your base Muscle?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Putting very little thought into this, but I suspect that you are observing KoL's weird handling of Smithsness (the values you observe are just displaying what KoL says, you have to click and look at the more detailed window to see if KoLmafia's calculation disagrees).

taltamir

What is your character class?
Do you have any effects other than Merry Smithness?
What is your base Muscle?
In that particular instance I was a sauceror. and I had a few other effects. I will replicate it again and give a report with all those details.
Putting very little thought into this, but I suspect that you are observing KoL's weird handling of Smithsness (the values you observe are just displaying what KoL says, you have to click and look at the more detailed window to see if KoLmafia's calculation disagrees).
I am not observing the item. I am observing mafia
mafia reports the wrong values on both its GUI and the ash function that returns maxHP
manually refreshing corrects the mafia values

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
In that particular instance I was a sauceror. and I had a few other effects. I will replicate it again and give a report with all those details.

I am not observing the item. I am observing mafia
mafia reports the wrong values on both its GUI and the ash function that returns maxHP
manually refreshing corrects the mafia values

KoLmafia's GUI and ASH functions are returning the values given by KoL. KoL itself fixes its own bugs regarding Smithsness when refreshing. You should check out the brokenness with vanilla KoL, though it might be harder to observe with loading charpane.php instead of api.php and unintentional full-page refreshes making it a different process.

taltamir

KoLmafia's GUI and ASH functions are returning the values given by KoL. KoL itself fixes its own bugs regarding Smithsness when refreshing. You should check out the brokenness with vanilla KoL, though it might be harder to observe with loading charpane.php instead of api.php and unintentional full-page refreshes making it a different process.
If that is the case then the solution on mafia's end is to have mafia refresh status automatically every time a smithness item is equipped or unequipped

this is most definitely a bug, even if it is a kol bug, mafia normally handles known kol bugs when possible.