CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

Theraze

Well, to be fair, the script itself does still say 1.4996 inside, but the version checker is set to 1.4997 inside. It's sneaky like that. :)

Banana Lord

Actually, the version in the first post is 1.4997, the first line just hasn't been updated to reflect the new version number (look at the call to check_version).

EDIT: Didn't see this page until after I posted >_<

Bale

Minion
Bad comment. Naughty comment. It's a holdover from the days before zarqon came up with the idea of automatic version checking and I should stop doing that since it is just another place to change a number with no advantage.

Glazius

This has probably been answered upthread, but this script is interacting in odd ways with Mafia's natural wormwood safeties. Sometimes, but not always, it will abort with the message "wormwood counter expired" if adventures 9 and 8 on the counter are normal wormwood combats, or adventure 5 is. Is there something I can do to get more information about Mafia's internal state when this happens?

Theraze

I just had CounterChecker abort with the following error:
Purchasing fortune cookie (1 @ 40)...
You acquire an item: fortune
cookie
You spent 40 Meat
Purchases complete.
Eating 1 fortune
cookie...
You gain 1 Adventure
Lucky numbers: 33, 52, 178
Lucky
number 33 ignored - too soon to be a semirare.
Lucky number 52 ignored
- too soon to be a semirare.
Finished eating 1 fortune cookie.
Maximizing...
combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)
Something
went wrong determing the best semi-rare. Please copy-paste this output to
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2519

fire flower sells for
11999 meat.
Dogsgotnonoz pills sells for 14000 meat.
six-pack of New
Cloaca-Cola sells for 22000 meat.
jar of squeeze sells for 44000 meat.
pixel
stopwatch sells for 16000 meat.
scented massage oil sells for 4949 meat.
bottle
of Mystic Shell sells for 392 meat.
SPF 451 lip balm sells for 950 meat.
bowl
of fishysoisse sells for 8800 meat.
bottle of rhinoceros hormones sells
for 7800 meat.
Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler sells for 9400 meat.
can
of spinach sells for 250 meat.
Eau de Guaneau sells for 2700 meat.
cube
of billiard chalk sells for 9600 meat.
freezerburned ice cube sells for
17900 meat.
black eyedrops sells for 2500 meat.
shrinking powder
sells for 900 meat.
teeny-tiny magic scroll sells for 4405 meat.
cyclops
eyedrops sells for 16000 meat.
irradiated pet snacks sells for 17479
meat.
bottle of antifreeze sells for 9250 meat.
ASCII shirt sells
for 390 meat.
Knob Goblin lunchbox sells for 16500 meat.
SPF 451 lip
balm sells for 950 meat.
bottle of pirate juice sells for 9900 meat.
poltergeist-in-the-jar-o
sells for 800 meat.
poltergeist-in-the-jar-o sells for 800 meat.
donkey
flipbook sells for 2899 meat.
fake blood sells for 284 meat.
deadly
lampshade sells for 3700 meat.
concentrated garbage juice sells for
3777 meat.
lewd playing card sells for 20000 meat.
bag of lard sells
for 499 meat.
Please continue manually. Sorry for the
bug.
It had just gotten a tasty tart. I'm level 3 (primestat 8) in a bees run, with B items excluded from the validity check by this method:
Code:
 foreach locale, rare in semi_rare {
  if(!canadv(locale) || !be_good(rare)) continue;
Not sure though why distilled fortified wine got eliminated, since it wasn't my last (tasty tart was) and it doesn't have a B in the name, unlike, well, everything else that was a valid option...

Bale

Minion
Since you've modded your version, could you post the whole thing in case you changed something and forgot about it. Thanks.

Winterbay

Interesting that I'm not the only one getting this... I had the same thing the other day (with the same mods as a couple of posts up in regards to available semi-rares set), for some reason the distilled wines disappear from the list sometimes.

palpitations

Interesting that I'm not the only one getting this... I had the same thing the other day (with the same mods as a couple of posts up in regards to available semi-rares set), for some reason the distilled wines disappear from the list sometimes.

I assume that's the modification you're talking about in #413, Winterbay? If so, I had a similar thing pop up during my last run. I really only started running this halfway through it, and commented out everything but tasty tarts and distilled fortified wine[sup]*[/sup] - I was looking for a very lazy, largely scripted HC/BHY run and wanted turn gen. I ended up getting similar errors a few times... But I also had some other, certainly unrelated errors[sup]**[/sup] pop up at nearly the same time, so I just ignored it and assumed it was something much larger and solely on my end of things. Seeing a few other posts like this, I wonder if there wasn't something more going on.

I'll try to remember to keep an eye on it this run, and see if it pops up again. This will be a very lazy, HCNP run - so lunchboxen have replaced tarts in the uncommented bits, fwiw.

*: a quick diff shows that the only things changed in my version are the // commented out bits in the 'item [location] semi_rare;' map
**: like GLOBAL_prefs.txt somehow swelling to over 580MB, causing Java to run out of memory and crash, even with "-Xmx 4096m" thrown in for good measure. Thankfully it was just 579.9 MB of garbage prepended to the file, and tail took care of it quickly.

Last edited:

Theraze

Just did another check against the first post and that IS the only difference, but my copy is attached.

A thought in terms of what it might be... any chance that both the actual last choice (the one you just grabbed) and the old last choice (the one that WAS the last choice, before you grabbed your current one) are both being eliminated from the possibility listing? Wouldn't be an issue normally, because there are 3 level 1 options, but if you eliminate the lunchBox from the options, that means you only have 2 level 1-3 options and that bug would cause the bug above...

Attachments

• CounterChecker.ash
    29.8 KB · Views: 19

slyz

Developer
Next time this happens to someone, I would like to know what the Mafia "semirareLocation" preference is.

Theraze

> get semirareLocation

Haunted Pantry
At the point where it failed to consider distilled wine as a possibility, it had already run its adventure and the last location was the pantry with its tart... I left that window open overnight and am just now resuming my scattered EatDrink ingredient muckings. Heh.

Bale

Minion
A thought in terms of what it might be... any chance that both the actual last choice (the one you just grabbed) and the old last choice (the one that WAS the last choice, before you grabbed your current one) are both being eliminated from the possibility listing?

That's exactly it! Thank you! The reason for this is kinda weird, so I didn't notice. I'll spin off a new release later after I take some time to figure out the best way to fix it.

Bale

Minion
Well that wasn't really very hard to fix at all once Theraze guessed at the problem.

Released CounterChecker v1.4998

This is the "limited semi-rare opportunities" release.

PS. I really better get around to adding that semi-rare list feature so I can hit release v1.5 already.

Bale

Minion
What was the reason? I couldn't understand, even after seeing the diff.

I made a tiny error that doubtlessly confused you. I'm sure you'll understand when you see...

Released CounterChecker v1.4999

This is the "Fixed it Right" release.