CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

mstieler

Hey Bale, a slight issue has arisen while running counterchecker; it goes a bit wacky when Hobopolis is open, but cleared.

My clan did a hamster run, so the subzones are all showing image 0, but if you attempt to adventure there, you get "Adventure Results: You shouldn't be here." When counterchecker ran for my SR, it looks like it checked the five sidezones, deduced that a Lewd Playing Card was selling for the most, attempted to get said playing card, then printed " > Oops, that wasn't the right number!".

While I realize this is somewhat of an edge case, could counterchecker realize that "you shouldn't be here" does not equal "wrong semirare number" and just try another zone?

Also, does CC check for pixel stopwatches? And if so, would it auto-equip the transfunctioner & pixel weapon? That woudl be super cool.

Bale

Minion
My clan did a hamster run, so the subzones are all showing image 0, but if you attempt to adventure there, you get "Adventure Results: You shouldn't be here." When counterchecker ran for my SR, it looks like it checked the five sidezones, deduced that a Lewd Playing Card was selling for the most, attempted to get said playing card, then printed " > Oops, that wasn't the right number!".

While I realize this is somewhat of an edge case, could counterchecker realize that "you shouldn't be here" does not equal "wrong semirare number" and just try another zone?

I'm not going into hobopolis these days so I'll need a little help from you. I need to catch it before the "you shouldn't be here" stage. When Hobopolis is cleared, is the town square accessible? If so, what is the url for the town square and does it display townsquare26.gif? If the Town Square is not accessible at that time, what message is accessed when you try to access it?

Also, does CC check for pixel stopwatches? And if so, would it auto-equip the transfunctioner & pixel weapon? That woudl be super cool.

This is already done. Though I don't think the pixel stopwatches have ever been the most expensive SR, so it probably has not been tested.

mstieler

I'm not going into hobopolis these days so I'll need a little help from you. I need to catch it before the "you shouldn't be here" stage. When Hobopolis is cleared, is the town square accessible? If so, what is the url for the town square and does it display townsquare26.gif? If the Town Square is not accessible at that time, what message is accessed when you try to access it?

Town Square is at image 26, and the message I get when trying to adventure there is:
Adventure Results:
The Hoboverlord has been defeated, and Hobopolis Town Square lies empty.
URL for town square for me is http://127.0.0.1:60080/adventure.php?snarfblat=167

The sidezones are all at image 0, but give the "you shouldn't be here" message. I'd figure all the special Hodg drop runs would be similar, with one or more of the boss zones untouched or nearly so.

Bale

Minion
Released CounterChecker v1.5.2

• Minimal support for new Giant's Castle
  • Fix for open, but cleared Hobopolis

exxyle

Is there any way to tell CC that I only want certain semirares? Like with the newly released Sea SRs, would there be a way for me to tell it that I only ever wanted it to bounce back and forth between the Reef (+100% items underwater) and Brinier Deeps (50 turns of Fishy) semirares?

Bale

Minion
Nope! That functionality doesn't even slightly exist although I keep telling myself it would be a nice feature. It just would take more time than I'm willing to spend. Maybe someday.

mstieler

So how would CC work with the new Sea semirares? Two of them are rather profitable, though I'd guess it would be an issue of reasonable availability of Fishy, as I'm not sure exactly what happens if you hit a SR in the Sea and don't have Fishy active. Fishy Pipe + Ice Skate Buff would allow for two uses without using stomach, liver or spleen and also not using a 40k+ meat item (powdered candy sushi set or fish juice box).

Edit: Just tested my theory on Sea Semirares without Fishy: if your fortune cookie counter is at 0, with or without Fishy, you will get your semirare in The Sea; if it's at 1, you will not (which makes sense, but I figured I should test it, since the counter would expire in the time frame of the SR).

Last edited:

mstieler

One little gripe for CC (well, in addition to the above): when it swaps gear to get the Pixel Orb, it doesn't change back, and for some reason in addition to the Pixel Morning Star & Continuum Transfunctioner, is also equipping my Brimstone Brooch.

Theraze

That's because the maximizer string is equipping it:
Code:
	string gear = ".4 mp, .3 hp, .2 mp regen min, .1 hp regen min, +equip continuum transfunctioner, -hat -pants -shirt -offhand";
	if(chapel)
		gear+= " +equip "+chapel_weapon();
	else gear+= " -weapon";
As to why it doesn't re-equip... it's supposed to. I clearly see it making a checkpoint and running outfit checkpoint after at the guano junction, 8-bit realm, chapel, and pirate cove.

Bale

Minion
That's because the maximizer string is equipping it:

That kinda seems like overkill, but before anyone asks why I ran the maximizer rather than just equip the necessary weapon and accessory I want to explain. I was concerned that the player might lose an accessory that gives them a lot of HP or MP and they'd be right to complain if it dropped max MP under current MP. I know that this meant all other accessories might get swapped so while I was at it I added the regen to use that noncombat for some advantage.

Crowther

That kinda seems like overkill, but before anyone asks why I ran the maximizer rather than just equip the necessary weapon and accessory I want to explain. I was concerned that the player might lose an accessory that gives them a lot of HP or MP and they'd be right to complain if it dropped max MP under current MP. I know that this meant all other accessories might get swapped so while I was at it I added the regen to use that noncombat for some advantage.
When I play, I've gotten in the habit of using the maximizer for all equipment changes.

Theraze

Did it abort to let you run the combat or something like that? It will only re-equip if it's fully automated.

mstieler

Did it abort to let you run the combat or something like that? It will only re-equip if it's fully automated.

Sorry for the late reply. Kinda forgot...

No, it never aborts. I just eventually check my gear and notice I've been framing with a Pixel Whip and Transfunctioner equipped for who knows how many adventures.

Razorsoup

I encountered this today
Code:
Checking counters now.
A teeny-tiny magic scroll is currently selling for 12,500 meat .

Visit to Island: Hippy Camp in progress...
You can't get to that area.

Oops, that wasn't the right number!

Between my last semirare and this attempt I started the war, if that matters. Is there something I need to do or change to prevent this?

Bale

Minion
It really shouldn't do that. It checks (get_property("warProgress") == "unstarted" || get_property("sideDefeated") == "fratboys") so unless that is true it won't try to get the teeny-tiny magic scroll. Can you figure out why that might not have been false for your character?

You'd need to post a lot more information about exactly what you last did to render the Hippy Camp off-limts before I can figure that out for myself.