Bug Mafia tracking of disguise delimit fight with naughty sorceress

taltamir

Code:
[591] Noob Cave
Preference lastEncounter changed from The Naughty Sorceress (2) wearing a protest mask to The Naughty Sorceress (3) wearing a scary mask
Encounter: The Naughty Sorceress (3) wearing a scary mask
Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20200607071100 to 20200607071110
Round 0: taltamir loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 1,071,337 hit points
Preference questL13Final changed from step11 to step12

step11 = ready to fight the naughty sorceress
step12 = lost to naughty sorceress (3) because you did not have wand. Bear Verb Orgy noncombat adventure unlocked and is now possible to encounter
https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Bear_Verb_Orgy

However in disguise delimit this tracking is incorrect.
Checking quest log shows that the quest is still at step11 (and updates the tracking from step12 to step11)
And adventuring 39 adventures in very unquiet garves (losing to the sorceress (3) a second time in the halfway mark with the same tracking error) failed to produce the wand so it confirms that the game really did not unlock it.

I am guessing it is the same issue with kol base game failing to recognize the 10 free fights in NEP during OCRS.
Where kol seems to get confused if the string name is different instead of checking IDs? that is just a guess though.

I am not sure if this happens with all masks or just the scary mask. I am guessing all masks.

A simple solution here would be to force a "refresh quests" in disguise delimit at the same spot as questL13Final is changed to step12. that is just after naughty sorceress (3) kills you.
Since checking the quest log immedialy corrected the quest progress to step11. This should work in ensuring correct tracking in disguise delimit regardless of which masks are affected

Last edited:

taltamir

Ok. can confirm this is mask specific.

This issue happens with the following masks:
The Naughty Sorceress (3) wearing a scary mask

This issue does NOT happen with the following masks:
The Naughty Sorceress (3) wearing a devil mask

taltamir

Actually in retrospect, rather than kol using the name string. Since this seems to be mask specific. I think it is because scary mask replaces the monster's normal attack (which for example blocks gremlins from ever showing you the molybdenum tools). The sorceress still insta kills you in her 3rd form. but the way it is done is such that kol server fails to advance the quest.

which means it should affect the following masks (who all replace the attack message):
5 punk mask
11 monkey mask
15 snowman mask
16 gasmask
19 scary mask
22 pumpkin mask