Feature Copperhead Snake delay tracking

fredg1

Could mafia track how many turns you spent in the relevant zone once Shen asks you to find a Snake?

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Why not just use turns_spent, and keep track of what the value was when you started the quest.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
...because it's for TourGuide, an informational script which may not have been there when you started the quest.

So? There is much precedent for things to be broken unless the user used mafia exclusively to burn turns. There is also a philosophical question of adding support for one script when the maintainers don't seem to care enough about the KolmafiaUS community to advertise it here or ask for its inclusion in the list of scripts mafia advertises.

fredg1

I never said it had any importance, only the query and its purpose. It's not something worth the trouble? No problem. =)

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
After consideration, I do see the use beyond specifically catering to TourGuide. This doesn't just rely on running mafia it relies on doing a specific action with a specific script around to record the state at the time. I think it's reasonable for us to possibly just store the turns_spent for a location as at receiving a quest to spend turns there.