New Content LTT is not listed in the IOTM tracking preference page

taltamir

Mafia has a preference page for IOTM tracking which states
"Some items of the month have daily passes, and so kolmafia cannot tell if you have them from seeing the zone. you can mark them here instead".

LT&T is one such IOTM which is not listed among those other IOTMs on that preference page.
it has a daily pass in the form of
https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Inflatable_LT&T_telegraph_office
which unlike the real deal only allows 1 quest a day. but its still basically a daypass. still grants more access than spacegate's daily pass and that one is listed.

Also I searched amfia variables for LTT and only found these
Code:
int lttQuestDifficulty
string lttQuestName
int lttQuestStageCount
string questLTTQuestByWire
and searched "always" and only found the IOTMs listed on that preference page.

so it does not seem to be tracking availability. Needs to have a new preference called "LTTAlways" and link it on that page.
As well as one for tracking the use of day tickets for it.

Last edited:
There is already a property: telegraphOfficeAvailable.
Though that one seems to work different from the charters, since mine is currently false. Which is correct: I have LT&T, but I'm under standard restrictions right now.

taltamir

There is already a property: telegraphOfficeAvailable.
Though that one seems to work different from the charters, since mine is currently false. Which is correct: I have LT&T, but I'm under standard restrictions right now.
Thank you. I didn't think to search for the word telegraph, especially after the results I got for searching "ltt" and searching "always" and "today"

Sounds like telegraphOfficeAvailable is checking if it is actually accessible right now, including respecting standard restrictions.
But is not checking IOTM ownership or day ticket. I think it should be supplemented with
Code:
telegraphOfficeAlways
_telegraphOfficeToday
and then added to the GUI for daily ticket IOTM in mafia preferences

similarly to how NEP is tracked with
Code:
[B]_neverendingPartyToday
[/B][B]neverendingPartyAlways
[/B]

Why does it need to change?
Sure, it's different, but does it actually matter that it's different?
(for that matter, how does the inflatable office even work? can you use another one after finishing the quest on the same day?)

taltamir

Why does it need to change?
Sure, it's different, but does it actually matter that it's different?
(for that matter, how does the inflatable office even work? can you use another one after finishing the quest on the same day?)
You can only use one day ticket a day to get only 1 quest a day

The issue is not that it is different, but that it lacks information provided by all other dayticket IOTMs.
Like with the others we want to know if we got a day ticket or permanent access, which telegraphOfficeAvailable cannot be used to differentiate between

It matters because day ticket does not allow overtime (taking more than one quest a day).
Also I guess for tracking scripts like cc_snaptshot which greenbox your acquisitions.

Also its variable name is pretty hard to find. since it does not follow the pattern of other dayticket iotms nor is it grouped with the other variables related to this specific iotm

edit: also I am not saying that telegraphOfficeAvailable should be removed. I am saying add the new properties of:
telegraphOfficeAlways
_telegraphOfficeToday
_lttQuestsFinishedToday

Last edited:

taltamir

Also another thing, it needs to track how many quests were done today.
something like
_lttQuestsFinishedToday

I am not 100% sure if telegraphOfficeAvailable changes to false after you are done with your 1 quest a day. (will check it soon). But either way we need to know how many quests we finished today.

Lets say I have permanent access to LTT
My script checks telegraphOfficeAvailable and that quest state is unstarted
It then does
Code:
visit_url("place.php?whichplace=town_right&action=townright_ltt");
run_choice(3);
To start the quest.

Then it does the quest. Ok, now quest is done.
it checks telegraphOfficeAvailable and sees I have it, it sees the quest state is unstarted (when you finish a quest it goes to unstarted instead of finished).
It then repeats the code snippet above.
This gives
Code:
Preference questLTTQuestByWire changed from unstarted to started
Preference lttQuestDifficulty changed from 0 to 3
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Incidentally quest is now erronously listed as started. script is broken until this is manually fixed.

If I had _lttQuestFinishedToday property I could check it and see if it is above 0, if it is then I would know:
1. how much overtime would cost.
2. that I need to use overtime if i want to be able to start a quest again.

I also think that when a quest finishes it should say "finished" instead of "unstarted". And that only when you click the overtime button it should change it from "finished" to "unstarted"

Now, if the script happened to be using a day ticket. Then (_lttQuestFinishedToday == 1 && _telegraphOfficeToday) would together indicate that we are done for the day because we used a day ticket and as such cannot do overtime

At the moment though the script cannot be trusted to use the day ticket. regardless of if
telegraphOfficeAvailable changes to false after you are done with today's single quest, it would get stuck in an infinite loop of trying to use more day tickets...
Unless it has its own tracking and is the only script handling ltt of course.

Last edited:

taltamir

Also noticed that you do not get "your cowboy boots" if you are using a day ticket instead of permanent ownership
I can confirm the office remains for the entire day, even after you finished the quest.
It just has the limit of not being able to pay overtime for an additional quest, and not being able to get your boots. But you can access the gift shop.

prefref telegraphOfficeAvailable
give you:
a. before using the inflateable LTT office
false
b. immediately after using it
true
c. after starting the quest
true
d. after finishing the quest?
true

edit: telegraphOfficeAvailable gives false after breaking the prism from standard. until you visit the right side of the tracks allowing it to notice it is there.

Last edited: