Coinmaster is_accessible

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
https://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=Is_accessible

What does "currently available" mean in this context? I made a half-hearted look at the code to answer that but there is a fair amount of introspection going on and it just seemed easier to ask.

What I am hoping for is that when is_accessible is true then I can immediately initiate a transaction provided I have the necessary tokens. But some quick experimentation suggests otherwise. Before I decide that there might be bugs to investigate I figure I should make sure my definition of available is the same as what the implementation intended. Thanks.

zarqon

You've probably already thought of this, but inaccessible_reason( coinmaster ) may also provide helpful clues as to what constitutes accessibility.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You've probably already thought of this, but inaccessible_reason( coinmaster ) may also provide helpful clues as to what constitutes accessibility.

I've done some and can do more but I'm seeing things that are not right if I understand intentions. For example, KoLmafia has the Topiary Nugglecrafting shop as always available in the GUI. Yet is_accessible() is false which is correct for the circumstances). I'm trying to understand definitions/intentions.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The definition is what you would expect. To be available you need to have access to a location or item or have some of the currency or various combinations of all three. I found some of the non available messages counterintuitive but they were accurate. I did find, and fix, an error in the Guzzlr token definition.