New Content - Implemented Guzzlr tablet - May Item of the month

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I can't reproduce either of these issues - are you sure you weren't in the middle of a quest or something when you upgraded? The location is scraped from the choice when you accept the quest in the first place. And as far as I can see abandoning the quest does indeed set the quest to unstarted!

gausie

Staff member
Ah I made a silly mistake for location matching in the choice request. r20089

EDIT: And yet more silly mistakes fixed in r20090

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Some notes from today:

Before I chose any quest today, "questGuzzlr" was "started". Refreshing quests did not reset it to "unstarted"

Choosing a Platinum quest did not change "questGuzzlr" (it was already set to "started"). The questlog for that is: "Craft a personalized Guzzlr cocktail." Not sure if this should be "started" or "step1"
Once the Platinum booze is crafted, the questlog is like the other quests, and "guzzlrQuestBooze" should be updated to match the crafted booze.
"Deliver the Buttery Boy to your Guzzlr client: Fritzi Berkshire in Domed City of Grimacia."

"_guzzlrQuestAbandoned" is set to "true" even though I have not abandoned a quest today.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
From my testing, here is what I expect for "questGuzzlr":
unstarted = no quest chosen (yet) or quest completed
started = quest chosen, but booze not yet in inventory
step1 = quest set for booze and location

This seems to be working except for my fist Platinum quest mentioned above.

Edit: I just abandoned a quest. "_guzzlrQuestAbandoned" was set to true, but abandoning the quest set it to false.
And "questGuzzlr" is still at step1

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Nor have I.

I got the item which gave me more currency.
I got the item which shortend quests.
And then I got the last item.

What possible reason would I have had to try to zap something? I got the two useful items and then got the last one. Why would I zap? to be able to lose a useful item and then have to earn another one before I could get the tattoo?

Seems likely that it is a zap group, but, no rational person would care.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Edit: I just abandoned a quest. "_guzzlrQuestAbandoned" was set to true, but abandoning the quest set it to false.
And "questGuzzlr" is still at step1

Today, "_guzzlrQuestAbandoned" started as false, as expected. Maybe yesterday was just gremlins.

gausie

Staff member
I am always not scraping the location properly on my platinum quests, or it may be that they're the first quest of the day. I'll sort it when I remember to do it non-programmatically tomorrow

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If you don't have the assigned drink when you get the quest, you have to go acquire it before the quest location will show up in your Quest Log (and Quest Tracker, but that's optional so KoLmafia ignores it completely). That is most likely to happen with platinum quests, but it doesn't have to, and it could happen with a non-platinum quest.

So... handling that would require recognition of receiving the drink (in ResultProcessor probably), which could be any of a large list of drinks and isn't even a specific drink for platinum quests, and then checking the Quest Log when that happens.

gausie

Staff member
Don't you also get told the location when you accept the quest?

EDIT: Yes. There's an additional line with platinum ("Platinum Tier customers receive personalized Guzzlr cocktails. Premium ingredients have been dispatched. ") and that is probably achieved by a <br> or something instead of a <p> and that's what's breaking the regex for platinum. If someone want's to post the HTML source to their choice adventure after selecting platinum, I'll do it today. Otherwise I'll do it tomorrow.

Double EDIT: I actually rememebered i ascended and can just accept a platinum and then reject it. It turns out sometimes there are two spaces when describing the species. r20104

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

I just completed my 5th Gold delivery so I accepted a Platinum.

Code:
Encounter: Guzzlr Client Selection
Preference guzzlrQuestLocation changed from to Domed City of Ronaldus
Preference guzzlrQuestTier changed from to platinum
Preference guzzlrQuestBooze changed from to Guzzlr cocktail set
Preference questGuzzlr changed from unstarted to started
You acquire an item: Guzzlr cocktail set

Looks like guzzlrQuestBooze is being set incorrectly as when I tapped the Guzzlr tablet again I got the following

Code:
Preference guzzlrQuestBooze changed from Guzzlr cocktail set to special personalized cocktail

It's also counting abandoned deliveries as completed (I abandoned the Platinum because who has time for that, then accepted a Gold).

Code:
Preference _guzzlrPlatinumDeliveries changed from 0 to 1
Preference guzzlrQuestLocation changed from Domed City of Ronaldus to Oil Peak
Preference guzzlrQuestTier changed from platinum to gold
Preference guzzlrQuestBooze changed from special personalized cocktail to natto-infused sake
Preference questGuzzlr changed from started to step1

I reset _guzzlrPlatinumDeliveries back to 0 manually just in case at this point.

Code:
> version

KoLmafia v20.4 r20109

gausie

Staff member
Looks like guzzlrQuestBooze is being set incorrectly as when I tapped the Guzzlr tablet again I got the following

There isn't really a meaningful value for the booze because the client will accept any Guzzlr cocktail you have, but it shouldn't be "special personalized cocktail" clearly. I'll look into itl

It's also counting abandoned deliveries as completed (I abandoned the Platinum because who has time for that, then accepted a Gold).

That is also a bug. Turns out I'm bad at implementing quests.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Trying to "create" a Ghiaccio Colada (and probably the others) in the CLI fails with "no results detected" without a Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit installed.

I assume this just wants MIX changing to MIX_FANCY.

Malibu Stacey

There isn't really a meaningful value for the booze because the client will accept any Guzzlr cocktail you have, but it shouldn't be "special personalized cocktail" clearly. I'll look into itl

That is also a bug. Turns out I'm bad at implementing quests.

Aww don't be so hard on yourself, it pretty much all works. I did 5 bronze and 5 gold to unlock platinum completely using wanderers thanks to your implementation (not even joking, I never manually ran a single quest, I was waiting for the properties to be implemented before touching this thing). And this is what feedback is for after all.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Trying to "create" a Ghiaccio Colada (and probably the others) in the CLI fails with "no results detected" without a Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit installed.

I assume this just wants MIX changing to MIX_FANCY.
Seems like it. Revision 20119.

fredg1

Is it possible to get a property that counts how many guzzlr quests you completed in the same day (platinum + gold + bronze)? This impacts how long it will take to find the next client.

[Nth delivery of the day] = [longest it will take you to find the client, if you never search with the shoes] ; [shortest it will take you to find the client, if you always search with the shoes]
[1] = [10] ; [7]
[2] = [12] ; [8]
[3] = [13] ; [9]
[4] = [15] ; [10]
[5] = [17] ; [12]
[6] = [20] ; [15]
[7] = [25] ; [17]
[8] = [34] ; [25]
[9] = [34] ; [25]
[10] = [34] ; [25]
[11] = [34] ; [25]
[12] = [34] ; [25]
[13] = [34] ; [25]
[14] = [34] ; [25]
[15] = [34] ; [25]
[...]

the effects of wearing the shoes intermittently isn't fully spaded yet, but having access to that info would already be highly valuable.

fredg1

In the same way, is it possible for mafia to track the amount of fights won in the zone you got a delivery request in? (resets at rollover)

(edit: bad idea)

Last edited: