New Content The Drip Institute

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. We account for removing/transmuting an equipped truncheon, but not for transmuting an un-equipped truncheon.
I can handle that. I guess the only thing I still don't know is what happens if you have both an equipped truncheon and one in inventory.
My assumption is it gets the equipped one first, but that is still not spaded.

Dealing with this - and the fact that if you have a shield, the coinmaster no longer has it on offer - are the only things currently unresolved for this content.

The fact that Jeremy Science will (eventually) look at the fingernail means even with those things, it is still not done.

I've set the choice adventure to drippy bats using the CLI; it'd be nice if there was a little drop-down menu like many of the other choice adventures have. Is this on the to-do list at all; it would be most appreciated.

zarqon

I would also appreciate if appearance_rates() would show the monsters (even if the bat appearance rate is unknown) rather than 100% noncombats. I'm not sure if tracking when the NC appears is possible but if so, showing a 100% NC rate only when that adventure is due would be extremely helpful.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I would also appreciate if appearance_rates() would show the monsters (even if the bat appearance rate is unknown) rather than 100% noncombats. I'm not sure if tracking when the NC appears is possible but if so, showing a 100% NC rate only when that adventure is due would be extremely helpful.
The NC shows up every 15 turns. I did all my Drip work without ascending - and the NC showed up on the 16th, 31th, ... visits. This resets on ascension, I hear, but I don't know for sure.
The appearance rate shows as 100% NC because we don't currently have monsters listed for The Dripping Trees.
I'll add drippy trees and drippy bats and set the combat % to 93% for the zone.
The appearance rate for the bats is unspaded, as far as I know, and varies.
I've heard people say that you get 5 bats for each time you take the NC. That is false.
I've heard people say that you have to re-arm the bats every NC in order to keep getting bats. That is true/false; I have gotten bats after not re-arming bats, although they taper off.

I'm not especially motivated to look up all the spading - or do more on my own, since I am done with The Drip Institute, until there is new content - so I don't think there will be dynamic appearance rates for the monsters unless somebody else takes that up.

We could track "visits to the Drippy Forest this ascension" to allow you to predict when the next NC comes.
Unless I am wrong that it resets on ascension, which would complicate it; we'd have to notice which visit gave you the NC and count from there...

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

The NC shows up every 15 turns. I did all my Drip work without ascending - and the NC showed up on the 16th, 31th, ... visits. This resets on ascension, I hear, but I don't know for sure.

I can confirm that the counter resets on ascension. And very annoying it is.
According to the wiki anything unlocked in the NC persists across ascensions. I haven't tested that yet.

Erosion

Confirming that the advs-to-NC counter resets on ascension.
NC exploration progress persists across ascension.
Dislodging bats in the NC adds 7 bats to the zone per instance.

zarqon

I'm not especially motivated to look up all the spading - or do more on my own, since I am done with The Drip Institute, until there is new content - so I don't think there will be dynamic appearance rates for the monsters unless somebody else takes that up.

We could track "visits to the Drippy Forest this ascension" to allow you to predict when the next NC comes.

I'm also not particularly bothered about the bat vs. tree appearance rate -- you get as many bats as you get -- but showing the combat rate at 100% unless your NC is due, at which point it's 0% and noncombats are at 100% (as the LT&T quest does), would be particularly excellent for the way I play (in the relay browser with BatMan RE).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20128 tweaks a few things:

- New setting - dripAdventuresSinceAscension starts at 0 and goes up by one for each adventure.
- Unsurprisingly, it resets to 0 on ascension. :)
- drippyBatsUnlocked is now an integer, rather than a boolean. adds 7 when you shake loose some bats, subtracts 1 when you fight a bat.
- combat rate of The Dripping Trees is 100%
- The Dripping Trees has both drippy trees and drippy bats.

I went to The Dripping Trees for 10 adventures today for the first time since ascending (twice). I fought 6 bats.
Therefore, drippyBatsUnlocked does NOT reset on ascension.

I'm going make The Drippy House "fix" the dripAdventuresSinceAscension setting: if it is not at 16, 31, ..., it will adjust up to the next value in that series. That will, at least, allow you to use that setting to predict when the next Drippy House non-combat will come.

I'll look at dynamic appearance rates. I think Darzil was the one who did that kind of work in the past. He's on hiatus. I'll see what I can figure out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20129 does this:

- Adjust dripAdventuresSinceAscension when you encounter The Drippy House on the Prairie
- Add .combat_percent to the $location proxy record
- COmbat rate of The Drippy Trees is 100% except when the next adventure is The Drippy House on the Prairie

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20176 adds some more drippy items found in the mall.

A bunch of them hve a primary usage of "none".
They are listed as crafting components.

I wish items had secondary usages for "Meatsmithing Component", "Meat Pasting Component", "Cocktailcrafting Ingredient", "Cooking Ingredient". We do have "fancy". It would not be hard to add keywords for those and add them to the set of Secondary Usages. Backfilling them onto all items would be tedious to do manually, although it would not be that hard to add checking to DebugDatabase - and a "checkcrafting" command or something, do generate an items.txt with all known items updated with those flags, as appropriate.

Maybe that will be tomorrow's project. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, that was not too hard. Revision 20177 adds paste, smith, cook, and mix as secondary item attributes.
Also item proxy record fields: pasteable, smithable, cookable, mixable.
All items backfilled with the crafting attributes from the item descriptions.
And the drippy orb.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 20181 adds Dripping Hall stuff

- adventure zone The Drip contains locations The Dripping Trees and The Dripping Hall
- drippy reveler monster
- spoilers for The Hall in the Hall choice adventure
- The choices in the Dripping Trees and The Dripping Hall are each on a schedule, based on turns in that zone
-- property drippingTreesAdventuresSinceAscension counts adventures; choice starts at 16 and ever 15 adventures in the zone thereafter
-- property drippingHallAdventuresSinceAscension counts adventures; choice starts at 12 and ever 12 adventures in the zone thereafter
(I know I got it on the 12th turn; haven't adventured enough in the zone to see the second one. Will verify tomorrow)
- Still have dripAdventuresSinceAscension property, which will be some of the others, but is no longer used for choice scheduling.
- a couple more items, a few more concostions
(I like it when people announce tems and include descid. Unfortunately, don't have descid for lustrous drippy orb, yet.)

Just noticed that I need "_" properties for doors 1-4 in the Hall in the Hall, since those seem to be one per day.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Code:
--------------------
10529	lustrous drippy orb	948286429	driporb.gif	accessory		0
lustrous drippy orb	0	none
# Item lustrous drippy orb: Increases Driplet drops from monsters
--------------------
Lora Carver has one equipped.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
I want to add an item discovery hook to SpadingManager, after which point excavator could be collecting this stuff for us. I should sort that out next.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(By the way, I got the first Hall in the Hall at 12 turns in The Dripping Hall and the second one at 24 turns. That confirms the 12-turn schedule.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As of revision 20194:

- We have all known items, effects, recipes. Item 10527 is empty. I'd guess it will come from the Fingernail...
- New properties _drippingHallDoor1, _drippingHallDoor2, _drippingHallDoor3, _drippingHallDoor4 track if you've opened that door today
- drippingHallAvailable is set to true when we see Jeremy telling you about it or if we see it in The Drip
- The Coinmaster for the Drip Armory will only offer you a drippy shield if you have unlocked it (by turning in the snail shell) and don't already have one.

Things we could do:

- The vending machine gives you a choice of the Candy Bar or drips in the coin slot. Which choice adventure is that? Needs spoilers.
- dynamic spoilers for The Hall in the Hall
-- Door 1: tell you what you'll get (once we understand Pool Skill required
-- Door 2: candy bar or 3 (?) Driplets
-- Door 3: a particulr item based on your Eye skill - or none
-- Door 4: dippy pilsner if you have a drippy stein, or nothing
-- Door 5: always 5 Driplets
- KoLAdventure.validate1 could reject The Dripping Hall if it is not unlocked
- KoLAdventure.validate2 could reject either Drip zone if you are not wearing the Drip harness.

Erosion

- The vending machine gives you a choice of the Candy Bar or drips in the coin slot. Which choice adventure is that? Needs spoilers.
- dynamic spoilers for The Hall in the Hall
-- Door 2: candy bar or 3 (?) Driplets

If it helps:

Encounter: The Hall in the Hall
choice 1411/2: Door #2
choice 1411/3: Door #3
choice 1411/4: Door #4
choice 1411/5: Door #5
Encounter: The Hall in the Hall
Took choice 1411/2: Door #2
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1411&option=2
Encounter: Revolting Vending
Took choice 1415/1: Insert 10,000 Meat
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1415&option=1
You acquire an item: drippy candy bar

All of the other options are instants in choice 1411.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm now thinking that the schedule for the Hall (at least) non-combat is based on WINS in the Hall, not TURNS in the Hall.

I started the day with 64 turns in the Hall. I'd seen the NC 5 times - turn 12, 24, 36, 48, 60. Every other turn had been with a drippy reveler that I'd defeated.

I hd 10 drippy juice, so expected to use turns 65-74 and get the NC on turn 72.
7 combats (65-71), 1 NC (72), 2 combats (73-74)

I was careless and lost my first combat (turn 65).
I then had 7 combats, 1 NC, and 1 combat.

In other words, the loss did not advance the schedule.