Bug - Not A Bug Psychic meat buff not recommended by maximizer

Magus_Prime

With r19972, when climbing the NS Tower, I used the maximizer to buff for "meat drop" and, even though it was available, it did not recommend the "Meet the Meat" buff from the clan fortune teller. The maximizer properly recommended the buff the day before when running the Nuns during the Island War.

Visiting the fortune teller in the relay browser got me the buff.

I don't think it's a recent change as it did the same thing last run but I forgot to mention it at the time. This was a HC Plumber run if it makes a difference.

I didn't think to check any properties before it happened. What properties should I check, when next I'm at the tower, to shed more light on what might be happening?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just went to the Maximizer (r19973) and maximized for "meat drop" (with my Hobo Monkey at my side).
Among the non-equipment recommended:

fortune buff meat (+100)
fortune buff susie (+20)

I selected and executed it and it got me 100 turns of Meet the Meat.

I updated and "fortune buff meat" is no longer listed (I still have the effect) and fortune buff susie is still listed - although greyed out.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, to be clear:

The maximizer shows "fortune" buffs that apply to your desired modifiers.
If you already have the buff active, it doesn't suggest that you get it.
(That is true of ALL buffs, not just those coming from the fortune teller.)

Did you get the fortune Meat buff yesterday (for 100 turns) while you were doing the nuns? (You said you did.)
And today, when you maximized for Meat Drop in the tower. less than 100 turns later, the buff was still active, and, therefore, it would have been pointless to extend the turns?

Magus_Prime

I checked my session log and you are correct. I still had seventeen turns of Meet the Meat when I got to that floor of the tower.
Logic wins the day. :D

Please mark this as "Not a bug". Too bad there isn't an "oblivious" emoticon.

Thank you.