Feature - Implemented Candy Blacklist for Sweet Synthesis

AlbinoRhino

I have a related question on this. The other day I noticed that Ultra Mega Sour Ball appears in the lists on the synthesis panel. Will the automated ASH functions/CLI command actually use one if it needs it for a buff?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Only if it is the cheapest candy available. Ditto for radio button candy, for example.
I considered putting in a black list of candies to not consider. Customizable, I assume.
But I figured that mall prices would make that unnecessary.

AlbinoRhino

Hmmm...I pulled a huge bowl of candy in an unrestricted run the other day and got one. There were indeed some buffs where the UMSB was the only option when I noticed it. (I totally missed it when I actually opened the huge bowl.) I ended up sticking it in my mall store to be safe. (I thought I could pull it out after my run....but it actually sold before I finished.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, that's reasonable. I'm going to move this group of posts to a new Feature Request, since it is independent of mass casting Sweet Synthesis.

AlbinoRhino

Cool, thanks. I didn't make it a Feat. Req. to begin with b/c I was nearly certain you would tell me you had thought of that and guarded against it. :p

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ezandora's Sweet Synthesis script has a candy blacklist.
I consider that script to be obsolescent, considering that "synthesize" is a built-in command which has the same capabilities, but, FWIW, I added it to the Script Manager list in revision 19869.

Her candies that "are never allowed for use, as a safeguard" are:

ultra mega sour ball
radio button candy
powdered candy sushi set
gummi ammonite
gummi trilobite
fudge bunny
chocolate cigar
vitachoconutriment capsule

I'd also add

gummi belemnite

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19870 adds this.

The Synthesize frame has a checkbox (defaults checked) to use a blacklist.
The property is sweetSynthesisBlacklist with default:
chocolate cigar,fudge bunny,gummi ammonite,gummi belemnite,gummi trilobite,powdered candy sushi set,radio button candy,Ultra Mega Sour Ball,vitachoconutriment capsule
(there are certainly other expensive ones in the mall...)
The built-in "synthesize" command will obey the blacklist if you ask for an effect (we pick the candies) but not if you specify two candies.
The ASH functions that allow flags let you use "8" as the flag to use the blacklist.
Those that don't include flags, use the "default" set of flags - which include using the blacklist.
ASH programs need to make sure that the Candy Database has loaded the blacklist, using load_sweet_synthesis_blacklist()

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
ASH programs need to make sure that the Candy Database has loaded the blacklist, using load_sweet_synthesis_blacklist()
Revision 19872 removes this requirement - and that ASH function.
Other ASH functions will load the blacklist before any internal CandyDatabase action that requires it to be loaded.