Bug - Fixed Gremlins and force-banish

Hello,
This is pretty minor but I figured I'll report it anyway.

Banishing a non-tool gremlin by using the force, and then encountering the correct gremlin will make mafia think the new gremlin doesn't have a tool.
Once the tool gremlin gives the relevant message, mafia will set the combat item to the magnet, and highlight the message in pink as it should, but the message below the item/meat drops will still say it doesn't have the tool.

Cause is probably the way the force doesn't finish the fight like a normal banish, so I assume using any force abilities will give the same result, but I didn't test.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've used human musk to banish the bad gremlin. Never used the force to banish anything. I can try this tomorrow, probably.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can't reproduce this.

I adventured Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it.
I encountered a batwinged gremlin.
I statised with a seal tooth until the message came that showed it was the wrong gremlin.
I Used the Force and banished it.

I adventured again until I found another batwinged gremlin.
The Drops: line has molybdenum hammer in pink.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I tried again with a different banisher Near an Abandoned Refrigerator.
I got the bad spider gremlin and banished it with human musk.
The next spider gremlin had the molybdenum pliers in pink, as expected.

Strange, just happened again with an erudite gremlin, I'm getting the grey "This gremlin does NOT have a molybdenum crescent wrench" as I'm getting the jump (it didn't even have a chance to act yet!)
Stasis till I get the pink message, and The Drops: line STILL has the same grey message.

Crowther

I've also noticed mafia claiming a tool bearing gremlin did not have the tool. It was obvious, because I'd banished the other one, so I knew I had the right gremlin. I only saw it twice and had no clue what triggered it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not seeing how that could happen - and it didn't happen to me either time I tried - but I'll study the code a bit more.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
I think I've macrometeorited (or the new one, Replace Enemy) gremlins and not had the pink text reset. Don't know whether it extends to multiple rounds of combat: I think it might have?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I figured it out.

I was flyering creatures for the Island War.
I flyered a monster.
I used the saber on him
And the next monster did not give me a "use flyer" button, did not reset my PPs, etc.

Revision 19875 clears the Instance Data in FightRequest (making it ready for a new fight) when you Use the Force.
That also tells IslandManager to reset the gremlin tool tracking, so it should fix the reported issue, even though I - for reasons I now don't understand - did not see it.