Bug - Fixed "telescope" command appears not to exit choice

zarqon

I have the following in my logout script:

Code:
   if (get_campground() contains $item[discount telescope warehouse gift certificate] && get_property("telescopeUpgrades").to_int() > 0 && 
       get_property("telescopeLookedHigh") == "false") cli_execute("telescope high");
   if (get_property("barrelShrineUnlocked") == "true" && get_property("_barrelPrayer") == "false") cli_execute("barrelprayer buff");

I haven't changed that code in quite some time. Somewhat recently, however (unfortunately I didn't note exactly when), this has been happening:

CLI Output said:
Looking through your telescope...
You acquire an effect: Starry-Eyed (10)

Worshiping at the Shrine to the Barrel God
You are currently in a choice.

Restarting the script generates the same error, along with a "Choice not recognized" message. Visiting main.php and then restarting the script still generates the "Choice not recognized" message, but the script then continues from where it left off.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looking through your telescope does not involve a choice adventure.

camground.php?action=telescope
camground.php?action=telescopelow
camground.php?action=telescopehigh

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Praying to the Barrel God for a buff DOES involve a choice.

da.php?barrelshrine=1
(redirects to choice.php)
choice.php?whichchoice=1100&option=4

choice 1100/4 will set property "_barrelPrayer" to true.
If you don't actually get a buff, nothing will be displayed.

choice 1100 can be walked away from.

Something that FOLLOWS the barrel prayer is probably failing with "Choice not recognized" and such.

What does your session log say about the telescope and barrel prayer and subsequent actions?

zarqon

I couldn't find the error message in the session log. This is all I have:

friars blessing 2
You acquire an effect: Brother Corsican's Blessing (20)

telescope look high
You acquire an effect: Starry-Eyed (10)

Worshiping at the Shrine to the Barrel God
Took choice 1100/4: unknown
choice.php?whichchoice=1100&option=4

The previous action was visiting the Friars. It also looks as though the Barrel God may have led to the unknown choice message. I am in a Standard run so I suspect perhaps the lack of restriction checking is leading to this issue?

I'd figured you could easily duplicate this with the above code. Since that's not the case, I'll grab a debug log in about 9 hours and see if that sheds any light.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It also looks as though the Barrel God may have led to the unknown choice message. I am in a Standard run so I suspect perhaps the lack of restriction checking is leading to this issue?
I've got another patch I am working on, but I'll see if I can adjust the barrel command - if not the request - to check for availability.

zarqon

I dutifully grabbed a debug log this afternoon, but of course then everything worked fine. I had broken the prism at that point and was no longer under Standard restrictions, so that at least supports the idea that the barrelprayer command is not availability-aware.