Is there a script to automatically stomp evil eyes flat?

Basic Mafia does virtually everything I want it to do, so I haven't used many scripts. But I find myself wanting evil eyes to automatically be used by Mafia as they're acquired.

I normally adventure manually until I get an evil eye, then leave the web browser open on the results of that fight, then tell Mafia to run the defiled nook with "1 evil eye" in the conditions field. Then when it finds one, I can just click the "use" link in the fight results page, so I don't have to go into my inventory and use it and then refresh each time a new eye is acquired.

This works pretty well, but I'd think there must be some script to just use them right away while automating, until the zone is cleared. Is there?

It does seem like it'd be overkill, but it also says in the first post of that thread that you can "separately disable/enable almost every component of this script using the relevant script setting." Would it work to install it and disable everything I don't think I want or need, or is there a separate, smaller script that just handles that?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I posted it because I don't know of anything more specialized.

If I had to write one I think I would write a BBS that just used any evil eye in inventory. That might be three lines but I don't really have motivation to write and test it.

zarqon

You could also just add use * evil eye on an unconditional trigger to your mood. Of course, I recommend you try MM -- it seems like it does a ton of stuff but in any given location it's not doing a whole lot, and I've been pretty careful to make sure you can usually impose your will upon it rather than vice versa.

If I had to write one I think I would write a BBS that just used any evil eye in inventory. That might be three lines but I don't really have motivation to write and test it.
That's okay, thanks for the help!

You could also just add use * evil eye on an unconditional trigger to your mood.
I thought moods were just for buff upkeep. I know they can automatically use items to extend effects, but I'd never thought they'd be able to use non-buff items. I might try that out.

Of course, I recommend you try MM -- it seems like it does a ton of stuff but in any given location it's not doing a whole lot, and I've been pretty careful to make sure you can usually impose your will upon it rather than vice versa.
Perhaps, but I have extremely low levels of scripting comprehension and skill, so I feel I wouldn't easily be able to tweak its settings...

zarqon

Moods can do anything -- any CLI command or script can be added to your mood! Of course as the author of said script, I'd recommend giving MM a go and if you don't like something it's doing, you can change its settings quite easily from the CLI or using Prefref Plus (a user-friendly settings editor; link in my sig). I rely upon it pretty heavily these days; it saves me a fair bit of time each run.

(I'm spacing my ads at least 5 minutes apart.)