Bug - Fixed [minor] Previous season PvP rewards still shown as creatable, current is not.

Malibu Stacey

Creatable tab in the Item manager still shows the [glitch season reward name] and Law of Averages as creatable. Attempting to create either of them fails.

Code:
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for [glitch season reward name] (1)...
Don't know how to retrieve a swagger
Verifying ingredients...
Verifying ingredients for Law of Averages (1)...
Don't know how to retrieve a swagger

Essence of Annoyance isn't listed however which is the current season reward. holidayHalsBookAvailable is true so mafia knows it's available.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't see that. There is no built-in code about what items are available; it automatically detects that when you visit the Swagger Shop.

Open the Coinmasters frame
Select the Swagger Shop
Hit the "visit" button.

Malibu Stacey

Done. Still the same. Maybe it's not removing them once added? I've been in aftercore for a very long time now but I've participated in PvP to get those rewards so at some point I visted the Swagger shop in the relay browser which is when I assume it added the glitch and average season rewards. Holiday Hal's Happy-Time Fun Book! is greyed out in the Coinmasters dialog as I don't have the required 1k swagger and is also shown in the Creatable tab of the Item Manager.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. Never occurred to me that one might be in aftercore through multiple PVP seasons; there are usually enough minis that reward ascensions that I ascend several times.

I bet that is it: we ADD data about the current season's reward, but don't REMOVE data left over from previous seasons.

I'm going to bed. I'll look at this when I get up.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19753 refactors how we handle PVP seasons. For a new season type, you still need to add three properties in defaults.txt and an item id in ItemPool.java, but instead of having multiple places looking at this or that setting based on item ID, now you add a new enum tag for the new season type and everything else is handled automatically.

I also made the canBuy() method require that the season is "available" rather than simply you having enough seasonal Swagger to buy it. I think that was your issue. I can't test that since I didn't see any swagger items in the "create" menu, anyway - probably because I am currently in Hardcore.

I also added a new property - lastPVPSeason - which is the name of the season we detected last time you visited the Swagger shop.
You still need to visit the swagger shop to update your total (and seasonal) swagger, and we will update that property at the time.

Might I suggest naming that property "currentPVPSeason"? I just know 'last' going to confuse me at some point in the far future.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I considered that. It's the "last PVP season that you looked at the Swagger shop".
Which is almost always going to be the current season, but not you haven't looked at the Swagger shop yet this season.

But, I see your point and will change it.

Revision 19755

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Looks good to me. Neither of the previous 2 seasons rewards are shown anymore and neither is the current season as I have less than the 1k Swagger needed to buy it at present.

Thanks Veracity!