New Content - Implemented Spring 2020 Challenge Path - Path of the Plumber

Crowther

No MP, PP instead.
Can't restore HP normally, while the game tells you to rest in your campground, that doesn't work.
Can't drink, "You have a zero tolerance policy about alcohol, which is to say that your alcohol tolerance is zero."
Base spleen is 5.
Bosses have been replaced, new bosses have factoids.
You can seek birds, which probably uses some of your invisible MP.
EDIT: Not probably, likely.

Council image is different, but the messages seem the same.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

• Unsurprisingly Torso Awaregness is not usable if permed
  • Can't adventure unless wearing work boots

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Some of the passive skills for this path unlock combat skills with the same name. That will probably be difficult to support properly (in all the little ways that matter to people) without handling skills with identical names. There have been a few cases of that in the past, but none of them were important enough to deal with that work.

19739 adds items/skills/effects. I'm about to jump into the path to provide some basic support.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19740 adds "Path of the Plumber" ascension path and "Plumber" character class.
inebriety limit of 0, fullness limit of 20, spleen limit of 5.
Preemptively added "plumberPoints". Don't know the maximum yet.
(This is a Avatar class, so, presumably, at end you choose a regular class? need to call resetAfterAvatar once we know the choice adventure number for that.)

There is so much to do for this.

How do PP increase? Refill at the end of each combat. Would be nice to have them in api.php, but I assume we can track them, anyway.
Coinmasters.

Hmm. "prime stat" for level purposes is whichever one is highest?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In The Mushroom District

Mushroom District Gear Shop is shop.php?whichshop=mariogear
Mushroom District Item Shop is shop.php?whichshop=marioitems
Mushroom District Badge Shop is choice adventure 1407
Mushroom District Costume Shop is choice adventure 1408

They all use "Coins". The first two are easily modeled as coinmasters, but we seem to model choice adventures with creation methods. See SPACEGATE, for example.

Save Block is a healing mechanism that always uses a turn.
place.php?whichplace=mario&action=mush_saveblock

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, those choices buy skills etc., rather than giving items. No crafting method...
Revision 19741 lets you walk away from those choices.
So much to do. Let's see what lost comes up with. :)

Magus_Prime

One thing that bit me today was when I upgraded to the second tier hammer and didn't realize that it meant that I was banishing every monster that I hit with it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Second tier hammer and Ultra Smash? Yikes!

Revision 19745 makes the special HP restores show up in the restoratives pane if you are a Plumber.

It'd be nice if other HP restoratives did not show up there.

Crowther

Today, The ErosionSeeker add a bunch of stuff to the wiki for Path of the Plumber which at least for me makes it much more understandable than the game did. Also, I had no clue there was 5 extra fullness. Maybe next run won't be a total mess.

EDIT: And thanks for all the work it does seem a complex path to support.