How to get Mafia to automate tavern cellar, without repeatedly fighting faucet rats?

I hope this is the right forum area for this kind of question. I don't think it's a bug, and I can't seem to find a custom script to do this. I think I must be doing something wrong, not Mafia.

What I want is for Mafia to explore unexplored tavern cellar squares until it finds the faucet, and then turn it off. Then it should stop automating. The Typical Tavern Cellar zone doesn't have "turn off faucet" or "one choiceadv" as an automation goal, even though this is a council quest that must be completed every ascension, which leads me to believe that I must be missing something obvious, here. The Typical Tavern choice adventure option I think must be related to the faucet is #2, but selecting "show in browser" or "skip adventure" both instead redirect to fighting a rat from the faucet repeatedly. And this has happened with every ascension I've done since I started using Mafia; it's hard to believe that it's been broken all this time, since I've been getting new hourly builds periodically, so I must be doing something wrong, right?

For this ascension, I had "show in browser" selected for Typical Tavern choice adventure #2. I can't prove it, though; as far as I can tell, it doesn't show up in my session log. Here's the salient information from the log:
Visiting Bart Ender

[202] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 4)
Encounter: drunken rat
Unknown last adventure: id = '1018' name = 'The Typical Tavern Cellar' URL = 'cellar.php' container = 'tavern.php'

[203] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 3)

[204] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 2)

[205] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 1)

[206] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 2, col 1)
Encounter: Those Who Came Before You
Took choice 510/1: Search the body
choice.php?whichchoice=510&option=1&pwd

[207] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 3, col 1)

[208] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)

[209] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 5, col 1)

[210] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 5, col 2)

[211] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)
Encounter: Of Course!
Took choice 509/1: Turn off the faucet
choice.php?whichchoice=509&option=1&pwd

[212] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[213] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[214] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[215] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[216] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[217] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[218] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[219] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[220] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

Visiting Bart Ender
You acquire Typical Tavern swill (3)

I was waiting for Mafia to "show in browser", so when it seemed to be taking a while, I checked the graphical CLI, and found that it was repeatedly fighting rats. So I stopped automation, and manually visited Bart. Then I tried changing the choice of #2 to "skip adventure", and:

[221] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[222] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[223] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)
Encounter: Hot and Cold Running Rats
Took choice 512/2: skip adventure
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=512&option=2

[223] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[224] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[225] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)

[226] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 2)
Even when it's supposedly skipping the adventure - which I'd think would make it continue exploring any unexplored squares, if any - it's still somehow managing to fight rats from the faucet. Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something?

I'm using KoLmafia v19.12 r19724.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Mafia has a Quests menu and IIRC it has options to complete the tavern by finding just the faucet, finding the faucet and the baron or exploring every square.

So I think you get what you want by selecting the appropriate Quest.

I think there are also ash commands to do the same thing.

Sorry about the lack of detail. It's Friday evening and my weekend has already started :)

Mafia has a Quests menu and IIRC it has options to complete the tavern by finding just the faucet, finding the faucet and the baron or exploring every square.

So I think you get what you want by selecting the appropriate Quest.

That would definitely be the obvious thing that I've been overlooking, then. Lol. Thanks a lot! :D

Although... even though I've been overlooking the Quest thing, why would Mafia not show the faucet in browser when it gets to that choice? And why does it skip the adventure but then keep fighting faucet rats? ._.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Although... even though I've been overlooking the Quest thing, why would Mafia not show the faucet in browser when it gets to that choice? And why does it skip the adventure but then keep fighting faucet rats? ._.

My guess is that the conditions your are using, or not, are not doing what you expect. Not all choices are auto-stops so that might be a factor.