Item	mint-in-box Powerful Glove	Free Pull

Malibu Stacey

Code:
use 1 mint-in-box Powerful Glove
--------------------
10438	Powerful Glove	991142661	pglove.gif	accessory		0
Powerful Glove	0	none
# Item Powerful Glove: Lets you use various glitchy cheat codes
Item	Powerful Glove	Maximum MP: +10, Maximum HP: +20, Weapon Damage Percent: +25, Spell Damage Percent: +50, HP Regen Min: 5, HP Regen Max: 10, MP Regen Min: 5, MP Regen Max: 10, Single Equip
--------------------
You acquire an item: Powerful Glove

When equipped you acquire 4 skills, 2 buffs and 2 combat.
The buffs are:
CHEAT CODE: Invisible Avatar
Type: Noncombat
This sequence of button presses renders you invisible. Monsters will still be able to detect you, though, because you don't use enough deodorant.
(this skill uses 5% of the glove's daily battery power)

Gives Effect: Invisible Avatar
(10 Adventures)
Code:
cast 1 null
--------------------
2556	Invisible Avatar	missingavatar.gif	da6f47ae655716b599e530128712c36c
Effect	Invisible Avatar	Combat Rate: -10
--------------------
You acquire an effect: Invisible Avatar (10)

CHEAT CODE: Triple Size
Type: Noncombat
With the power of this awkward video game controller, you can triple your size at will. It's like eating one and a half mushrooms!
(this skill uses 5% of the glove's daily battery power)

Gives Effect: Triple-Sized
(20 Adventures)
Code:
cast 1 null
--------------------
2557	Triple-Sized	triplesize.gif	6be2d9af5964c3bc987c0696ea60eeeb
Effect	Triple-Sized	Muscle Percent: +200, Mysticality Percent: +200, Moxie Percent: +200
--------------------
You acquire an effect: Triple-Sized (20)

The combat skills are:

CHEAT CODE: Replace Enemy
Type: Combat
It'd be ideal if this thing could turn an enemy into a friend, but it does the next best thing by turning an enemy into a different enemy.
Code:
--------------------
7326 CHEAT CODE: Replace Enemy replaceenemy.gif 5 0 0
--------------------

CHEAT CODE: Shrink Enemy
Type: Combat
Why cut your enemies down to size the old-fashioned way when you can do it the... slightly less old-fashioned way?
Code:
--------------------
7327 CHEAT CODE: Shrink Enemy shrinkenemy.gif 5 0 0
--------------------

Shrink Enemy delevels by 50% and removes 50% of the monsters HP.
Replace Enemy I haven't used yet but by the description & other peoples reports in the ASS discord it's another Macrometeorite.

None of the skills cost MP, they use all use the glove's battery power which starts at 100% every day. Each succesful cast will use 5% of the remaining power with the exception of Replace Enemy which uses 10% per successful cast. Outside of combat I haven't seen anywhere the current battery power is displayed but in combat, the skills say "will use x of todays remaining y%).

It also drops pixels after combat when equipped (so far seen only a red drop but I'd assume it can drop all 5 types you can get from the 8-bit Realm monsters, no idea if the drops are limited or influenced in any way or if it can drop brown or yellow pixels).

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19719 adds the 4 skills and the 2 effects.
Nothing yet about tracking battery power, limiting castings based on battery power, etc.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19725

Add and remove 4 CHEAT CODE skills when you wear/remove the Powerful Glove
Property _powerfulGloveBatteryPowerUsed starts at 0 and is incremented whenever you use a CHEAT CODE
CHEAT CODE skills will be ignored in a CCS if you don't have the Powerful Glove equipped

$skill[ CHEAT CODE: xxx].dailyLimit starts at 20 (or 10) and goes down by 1 each time you use Powerful Glove battery power. It doesn't care whether you have the glove equipped or not; $skill[ CHEAT CODE: xxx ].know_skill() will be true or false, repectively, if you have the glove equipped or not.

Modulo this all actually working as expected, is this done? Anything else we need to do to support it?

Maybe auto-equipping the powerful glove when you try to cast one of the noncombat skills (and then restoring your previous outfit)?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well....as coded, you don't "know" the skill unless the item is equipped. That's fine for combat skills. I'm not how we treat other equipment that grants non-combat skills - if there is any. I'll see if I can find examples.

Magus_Prime

I don't know whether this is something that could be coded for but...when, with the glove equipped I used the maximizer to boost mysticallity, the results included casting "Triple Size" and, prior to that, filling the slot occupied by the glove with another item.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Maybe auto-equipping the powerful glove when you try to cast one of the noncombat skills (and then restoring your previous outfit)?
Well....as coded, you don't "know" the skill unless the item is equipped. That's fine for combat skills. I'm not how we treat other equipment that grants non-combat skills - if there is any. I'll see if I can find examples.
I don't know whether this is something that could be coded for but...when, with the glove equipped I used the maximizer to boost mysticallity, the results included casting "Triple Size" and, prior to that, filling the slot occupied by the glove with another item.
The 7XXX block of skills are mostly granted by items. Not all of them. I see "Spirit of Garlic" (and the other Flavour of Magic skills). "Soul Bubble" (and other Sauceror Soul Sauce Skils), Tome and Libram skills, The Smile of Mr. A, Seek out a Bird, and the Powerful Glove buffs and combat skills.

The book ones are summons perma-granted by reading the books.
The Smile of Mister A. comes from simply owning a Golden Mr. Accessory.
Seek out a Bird is granted by "using" the Bird-A-Day calendar today.
The ones that are granted only when an item is equipped are all combat skills - except for the 2 Powerful Glove buffs.

So, this is a new mechanism.

Given that, it would not be unreasonable to say you always have access to that skill if the Powerful Glove is "accessible" - equippped or in Inventory or in another place that is freely available, given your item retrieval settings: closet or storage if out of Ronin.

If it is equipped, nothing special needed to cast it.
Otherwise, need to equip it in an accessory slot and then unequip it afterwards.
That would also fix the maximizer issue.
A complicating issue would be the interaction with the code we have for automaticially equipping mana-cost reduction equipment.

That might be complicated enough that I'm not feeling the motivation to work on this right now. :/

In which case, the maximizer issue remains. You can work around this - if you are using the maximizer frame - by casting skills and using items before donning equipment. That might be generally harmless; right now we maximize by doing things in the order they appear in the list of maximization results. Alternatively, we could have a special case which fires when the maximizer is about to remove the Powerful Glove and, later in the list, you have a skill which requires it to be equipped. So perhaps a generic way to tie a skill to a particular item that grants it. That could be exposed by a Skill proxy record field:

item $skill[ CHEAT CODE: Shrink Monster ] .granted_by => $item[ Powerful Glove ]

This new mechanism - equipment that grants non-combat-skills only when equippped - is trickier than it first appears.

Crowther

A complicating issue would be the interaction with the code we have for automaticially equipping mana-cost reduction equipment..
Another complication would be the interaction with max MP increasing equipment. Although give this item provides +10 MP and doesn't take MP to cast a skill, not a really a big problem.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well ... I'm going to burn a new point release. We've fixed a lot of things since the most recent one - including taking care of the "these items don't work the same after Crimbo" - and I want to get it out before the new challenge path comes in less than a week, which will take an unknown - potentially substantial - amount of work to support.

I don't have the time or interest to deal with the new "non-combat skills granted only if item is equipped" mechanism right now. Unless somebody else wants to dive in and do it, better to just make the point release now. Even if somebody else is willing to do that, still might be better to make the new point release first; I know that I often make mistakes which take longer than expected to fix and that might be the case for others, too. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The glove's item description now says:

The Glove's battery is fully charged.
The Glove's battery is 95% charged.

We could use that to set/correct _powerfulGloveBatteryPowerUsed at login.

fredg1

Little issue: $skill[ CHEAT CODE: xxx].dailyLimit starts at 20 (or 10) and goes down by 1 each time you use Powerful Glove battery power.

While it works, for the skills you DIDN'T cast, the daily limit of the skill you just used shouldn't go down.
Otherwise, if for example i was to do
Code:
while($skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size].timescast < $skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size].dailylimit){
	if(!have_skill($skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size]))	equip($slot[acc3], $item[powerful glove]);
	use_skill($skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size]);
}

mafia would stop at 50% battery, $skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size].timescast being 10, and $skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size].dailylimit also being 10.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Don't do that?

while( $skill[CHEAT CODE: Triple Size].dailylimit > 0 )

(I'm away from my computer with code, so can't check, but I believe that dailyLimit is calculated every time based on the amount of battery power you have left.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Invisible Avatar and Triple Size? Ah. You can cast those only if you have it equipped. I see them when I have it equipped and I don't see them when I don't have it equipped.

There are many example of combat skills that are available only if an item is equipped.
I believe these are the first examples of buffs.

So that's a new mechanism.

The maximizer would have to see if the glove was "accessible" (if not equipped) before suggesting it. If it did not end up in your equipment (when executing the maximization, equipment comes before skills and potions), it would have to equip/unequip the glove around casting.

That probably requires a generalization of skill casting in general: the two skills are "known" if the glove is available, not only if it is worn, and casting it requires the equipment swap.

I'll re-open this, but implementing the new mechanism is not easy.

Malibu Stacey

I didn't know they'd show up only if equipped. Makes sense though. If it's a hassle to implement feel free to ignore it.
You could workaround it by listing the buffs as greyed out if the Glove is available but not equipped. At least then it would remind the user that they have to equip it if they want to cast them and then the maximizer wouldn't have to care about having enough battery power left either.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Those are buffs, but they are not skills. We have a "gap" command - which works only if you have the pants equipped.

When I maximize for Moxie

- if I have the pants equipped, the Maximizer displays

gap speed (157)

(while also suggesting that I equip different pants. :)

- if I don't have the pants equipped, the Maximizer displays (in grey)

(equip Greatest American Pants for Super Speed) (+157)

Interesting, but not quite analagous to the Powerful Glove skills, since the glove buffs persist if you unequip the glove, but the pants buffs drop if you unequip the pants.