New Content - Implemented Standard 2020

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thread for changes necessary in the this Chsllenge Path.

For example, the terracotta and paraffin items, what they pulverize into, the outfits, the candies (which are in the mall, so cool, but they give effects which are not yet implemented).

I see the items listed in the KoL forums, but, as is the wont for people wo don't use KoLmafia, it's just the item description text, but not the itemdesc, so we can't generate the KoLmafia data for them yet. I'll ascend in a couple days, when I finish my Extended Capacity trophy and will get the data from Valhalla, if we don't get it before then.

Ezandora

Zone numbers have changed for The Copse of the Deep Fat Friars, as part of the mini revamp there.

The Dark Elbow of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=539
The Dark Heart of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=540
The Dark Neck of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=541

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Zone numbers have changed for The Copse of the Deep Fat Friars, as part of the mini revamp there.

The Dark Elbow of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=539
The Dark Heart of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=540
The Dark Neck of the Woods is now adventure.php?snarfblat=541

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19694 treats Unleash Terracotta Army and Paraffin Prism as once-per-combat skills.

Boesbert confirmed the latter. I cast the former - and it summoned a "terracotta wizard" and some other terracotta thing, which defeated my opponent immediately. So, did not test.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Still haven't confirmed it is one per combat:

Code:
A terra cotta medic slashes your foe with a scalpel, dealing 11 damage, then uses the scalpel to remove some shrapnel from your leg.
	You gain 10 hit points.
A terra cotta ice wizard conjures a localized blizzard around your foe, dealing 44 damage.
	Monster defense reduced by 10
A terra cotta flame wizard blasts your foe in the tail with a fireball, dealing 22 damage.
A terra cotta garbage wizard bathes your foe in a cloud of funk, dealing 1 damage.
A terra cotta garbage wizard bathes your foe in a cloud of funk, dealing 1 damage.
A terra cotta halberdier cuts off your foe at the knees, dealing 20 damage.
	Monster attack power reduced by 10
A terra cotta medic slashes your foe with a scalpel, dealing 10 damage, then uses the scalpel to remove some shrapnel from your leg.
	You gain 10 hit points.
A terra cotta assassin shoots a poisoned dart at your foe.
A terra cotta halberdier cuts off your foe at the knees, dealing 21 damage.
A terra cotta halberdier cuts off your foe at the knees, dealing 19 damage.
A terra cotta swordsman slashes your foe in the leg, dealing 30 damage.
Your opponent writhes as it takes 56 damage from the poison.

You win the fight!
Here's how it is logged:

Code:
[1035] The Hippy Camp (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)
Encounter: sabre-toothed ferret
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: Veracity casts UNLEASH TERRA COTTA ARMY!
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 11 damage.
Round 2: You gain 10 hit points
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret drops 10 defense.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 20 damage.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret drops 10 attack power.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 10 damage.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 21 damage.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 19 damage.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 30 damage.
Round 2: sabre-toothed ferret takes 56 damage.
Round 2: Veracity wins the fight!
Would it be interesting to include the combat line so you could see what, exactly, did what?

Huh. The following were not logged:

Code:
A terra cotta flame wizard blasts your foe in the tail with a fireball, dealing 22 damage.
Also note that I was wearing all 6 terracotta pieces and I got 12 soldiers.
I was wearing a single piece when I got just a few soldiers, last time.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. Wearing one piece:

Code:
A terra cotta flame wizard blasts your foe in the head with a fireball, dealing 18 damage.
Your opponent writhes as he takes 31 damage from the poison.
logs:

Code:
[1036] The Hippy Camp (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)
Encounter: caveman hippy
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 2: caveman hippy takes 31 damage.
Not dead yet and the skill is no longer available. It is once per combat.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is better:

Code:
Round 2: A terra cotta medic slashes your foe with a scalpel, dealing 10 damage, then uses the scalpel to remove some shrapnel from your leg.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 10 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta garbage wizard bathes your foe in a cloud of funk, dealing 1 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta garbage wizard bathes your foe in a cloud of funk, dealing 1 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta swordsman slashes your foe in the leg, dealing 28 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 28 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta ice wizard conjures a localized blizzard around your foe, dealing 44 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 44 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy drops 10 defense.
Round 2: A terra cotta medic slashes your foe with a scalpel, dealing 9 damage, then uses the scalpel to remove some shrapnel from your leg.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta halberdier cuts off your foe at the knees, dealing 20 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 20 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy drops 10 attack power.
Round 2: A terra cotta assassin shoots a poisoned dart at your foe.
Round 2: A terra cotta ninja viciously slashes your foe's arm, dealing 10 damage and leaving her bloody.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 10 damage.
Round 2: A terra cotta swordsman slashes your foe in the arm, dealing 29 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 29 damage.
Round 2: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 2: Your opponent writhes as she takes 30 damage from the poison.
Round 2: cavewomyn hippy takes 30 damage.
Round 2: You lose 10 hit points
Round 2: Veracity uses the seal tooth!
Round 3: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 3: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 3: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 3: Your opponent writhes as she takes 15 damage from the poison.
Round 3: cavewomyn hippy takes 15 damage.
Round 3: You lose 9 hit points
Round 3: Veracity uses the seal tooth!
Round 4: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 4: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 4: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 4: Your opponent writhes as she takes 7 damage from the poison.
Round 4: cavewomyn hippy takes 7 damage.
Round 4: You lose 10 hit points
Round 4: Veracity uses the seal tooth!
Round 5: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 5: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 5: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 5: Your opponent writhes as she takes 3 damage from the poison.
Round 5: cavewomyn hippy takes 3 damage.
Round 5: Veracity uses the seal tooth!
Round 6: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 6: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 6: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 6: Your opponent writhes as she takes 1 damage from the poison.
Round 6: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 6: Veracity uses the seal tooth!
Round 7: cavewomyn hippy takes 1 damage.
Round 7: She continues to bleed, suffering 9 damage.
Round 7: cavewomyn hippy takes 9 damage.
Round 7: Veracity wins the fight!
Notice that the army acts only the round it is summoned, but some of the soldiers wreak lingering damage.

Revision 19717.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm going to sleep now, but when I get up, I will try out Paraffin Prism with my full Paraffin Set and see how that skill works - and if there are logging glitches, as in Unleash Terra Cotta Army, I will fix them.

I think everything else is in:

6 Paraffin outfit pieces, the outfit, the pulverized item, the candy
6 Terra Cotta outfit pieces, the outfit, the pulverized item, the candy

Both pulverized items trigger a "(coinmaster)" event when they enter (or leave) inventory, so if you "visit" the "Armory & Leggery" in the Coin Masters frame, it will look at it, see which things are on offer for non-Meat, and update. That's the extent of the support we have for trading for old Standard outfit pieces; we don't have to update coinmasters.txt with new items & currencies when a new Standard year starts,, and mark the items available/visible depending on whether you have the currency. We require you to visit the shop and we auto-detect it.

We don't have the consumption data for the (pulverized) spleen items, but there are many previous Standard (pulverized) spleen items we are similarly missing. Personally, I don't care; for myself, I can't imagine pulverizing my rewards and chewing them. So, once I verify Paraffin Prism, I'll mark this Implemented.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did my Standard ascensions (Hardcore and Normal) in order: SC, TT, PA, SA, DB, AT. As it happens, accordion thief is my favorite class, and here I am in aftercore as an AT.

Paraffin Prism works fine: it does prismatic damage, and we pick that up just fine.

This is Implemented.

kazgar

Hi,

Mafia doesn't recognize the trivial change that made the paraffin pseudoaccordion usable by non AT. Can equip it manually but outfit and maximizer and various other commands don't recognize it (and its grayed out constantly in options)

Thanks.

edit: Had a play not logged into mafia. You can equip it and use it, however you can't use it to play buffs, and the outfit error message is coming from kol, so may not be a mafia only issue. Will bug report to kol on that, but would assume it should still be usable in mafia.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You can equip it and use it, however you can't use it to play buffs, and the outfit error message is coming from kol, so may not be a mafia only issue. Will bug report to kol on that, but would assume it should still be usable in mafia.
We have nothing in KoLmafia that says it is usable only by ATs (which it is not), but it is not listed as a "buff tool" (i.e., an accordion) for casting AT buffs. So, I assume that if you had no other accordion and were not an AT, it would try to buy a toy accordion or antique accordion.

Revision 20138 lists it as a buff tool, so KoLmafia should be willing to cast AT buffs if that is the only accordion you have.

I don't see anything else wrong with our support for the item. The only character of mine who owns one of those is an AT, so I really can't test. :)