New Content 2020 IotY - Retrospecs

Malibu Stacey

--------------------
10432 Retrospecs 327030460 retrospecs.gif accessory 0
Retrospecs 0 none
# Item Retrospecs: Reveals foes' weaknesses
# Item Retrospecs: Gives you another chance on item drops you missed out on
Item Retrospecs Muscle: +15, Mysticality: +15, Moxie: +15, Maximum HP: +25, Maximum MP: +25, HP Regen Min: 3, HP Regen Max: 5, MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 5, Single Equip, Free Pull
--------------------
--------------------
10431 Retrospecs try-at-home kit 928685191 retrospecsbox.gif usable t 0
Item Retrospecs try-at-home kit Free Pull
--------------------

Costs only 1 Mr A.
Maybe they got bored of releasing FotY (or it's just delayed)?

No idea what "Gives you another chance on item drops you missed out on" because I'd already run my adventures for today so I won't get to test it out until after rollover but I suspect it's just another copy of the Cat Burglar's Heist mechanic.

[edit edit] Thanks for fixing the title anonymous stranger!

[edit³] Forum thread is -> http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=241068 Looks like my guess above was wrong and it works like the Boss Dolphin hat.

Last edited:

Erosion

From forum spading, it seemed like this item:
1) tracks one of the nonconditional items that failed to drop from a fight,
2) gives you an X% chance to get it in each of your next 10 combats with Retrospecs equipped, where X is the base drop rate of that item,
3) resets whenever a new combat with a nonconditional item failed to drop

What this means is:
retrospecsDrops: list of all potential items that failed to drop from your previous completed fight
retrospecsCounter: counts down from 10 to 0 on the number of attempts to get one of those items

Both of these should blank when you get "You look behind you and notice an item you missed earlier.", as well as if you complete a new fight with failed drops.
And will probably be a huge headache to implement, because nowhere in-game does it actually tell you which item its retrospective is on! :p

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
It might be useful to have Mafia track items that did not drop when using the Retrospecs (that would then be candidates for dropping in future combats).
I am not totally sure how the mechanics of this item work, but I think recording non-drops for past combats could be useful. Maybe someone else with deeper knowledge can comment.

...and ninja'd above. Thanks.