Bug - Not A Bug New Zone detection does not set environment for underwater zones

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I did my adventuring today before KoLmafia knew about the new underwater zone. I kept getting errors when I tried to adventure there because my familiar could not breath. I traced this down to BBS being active and BBS was explicitly unequipping the bathysphere because it was checking my_location.environment against "underwater". Since this was an Override Zone and adventuring was fine without a familiar my hypothesis is that the override data did not return "underwater" for the environment.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In KoLAdventure.setLastAdventure( String adventureId, final String adventureName, String adventureURL, final String container ):

Code:
			RequestLogger.printLine( "Adding new location: " + adventureName + " - " + adventureURL );

// We could use "container" to pick the zone the adventure goes in

// Detach strings from the responseText
			adventure = new KoLAdventure( "Override", new String( adventurePage ), new String( adventureId ), new String( adventureName ) );
			AdventureDatabase.addAdventure( adventure );
How can it know that the zone is underwater?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I can't think of any way of automatically detecting that. If someone does think of a way, that could be a good Feature Request,

zarqon

In the meantime it's also probably a good script feature to avoid doing anything location-sensitive in Zone: Override.

EDIT: BBB and MM should now both not mess anything up in an Override location.

Last edited: