Feature - Implemented Request: Hide Familiar Effect for hats and pants unless I have a mad hatrack/a

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
I don't know when it was added, but I've noticed that pants and hats show Familiar Effect.

It took me forever to figure out it wasn't a bug, because I don't have a fancypants scarecrow and it's not clear why bat britches are 3xghoul (for example).

Some suggestions to be more usable
1: Rename it from Familiar Effect: XXX to Hatrack Effect: XXX and Scarecrow Effect: XXX
and/or
2: Hide this if I don't have the requisite familiar. Those hatchlings are currently going for 20M meat, so probably not a lot more of them coming any time soon...

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 11.03.35 AM.png

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is on the Gear Changer, right?

I have no problem with keeping it "Familiar Effect" - unless and until a non-familiar-item can be equipped on multiple familiars and has different effects.

Perhaps we should show the hover text with the modifiers excluding Familiar Effect for non-familiar-item slots and ONLY the Familiar Effect for a non-familiar-item in the familiar-item slot - which will only happen if you have the special familiar equipped.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh. Looking at your attachment, I see wht you are talking about.

Well, I just fixed the Gear Change frame to not show the normal modifiers for a hat or pants if you have the appropriate familiar at uour side and select the item in the Familiar Equipment dropdown.

Which is a nice fix for those of who DO have those familiars - even if I never use them any more. :)

That is revision 19998.

Now I'll think about what you really asked for. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19999. Tested with Baron von Ratsworth, since I haven't done that in-run last time and he has a hat.