Bug Mafia randomly thinking I'm naked

Terrabull

Interesting, this seems to be a consistent way of triggering it. Every time I fold a mushroom outfit piece in the relay browser, it strips me.

fredg1

Something I just found out: using any "inventory.php?which=2&ftext=<text>" link seems to cause this error.

I'm guessing it's because mafia expects kol to respond with your equipment since it sees the "which=2" argument in the link.
Said argument has absolutely no effect in the end result, as kol will search your entire inventory anyway, but the fact that the link is accepted (it works either way) means that people can't "know" that it's a thing to "not do"

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That is completely reproducible. Interesting.

I think we need a better check for when a responcse to inventory.php&which=2 actually has your equipment.

Currently, ResponseTextParser calls EquipmentRequest.parseEquipment when location is equipment.php and either "which=2" or "curequip=1".
That method gives up if there is "onlyitem=xxx", but otherwise assumes that all slots are shown.
Seems like we could look for "<b>Current Equipment:</b>" and skip reading e equipment if it is not present.

Edit: or maybe not. If I start typing a string in the filter, it will filter on the current page - and you will still have Current Equipment section, but it will only hve outfits in it, not actual slots.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, I investigated a bit more since the whole ftext thing is done via Javascript in the browser.
I noticed that if I opened a closed section so that ftext would search it, Gear Changer would be all empty.
That's because that is an ajax thing which modifies some of the text in place and doesn't show you your current equipment.

Revision 20135 will not try to parse your current equipment if ajax=1 or ftext=<anything>