Feature - Implemented Track what is consumed with Pirate Fork and Everful Glass

Lacey Jones

Right now if you drink through the CLI there's no log indicating what was consumed, the flavor text of both these consumables says what was consumed, so I'm guessing it would be just a matter of parsing that text and reporting it together with stat and adventure gains in the session log.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just to be clear, are you saying that when you consume via the gCLI there is no record of what happened in the gCLI or the log file (suggesting mafia doesn't know it happened) or are you saying what gets displayed in the gCLI is not written to the log file?

If the latter, you might try experimenting with the mirror command. The captures just about everything but at the cost that anything that uses file name conventions to process logs will need to be tweaked.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
A pirate fork is a size 4 "food" and an everful glass is a size 4 "booze". If I understand correctly, when you consume either, you actually get the effects (stats, status effects) of some other size 4 food/booze. (It is always a size 4 item, right?) Sort of like a quantum taco, except the latter can be any food, regardless of size. And Schrödinger's thermos, for booze.

I agree that the consumption text should be parsed and the item you ended up eating/drinking should be logged.
Ditto for the quantum taco; we already look for lucky numbers, in case it is a fortune cookie, but I have no idea if it has a similar consumption message.
Ditto for Schrödinger's thermos.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bumping to page 1. I like the idea, but, given that I am currently in an "ascend - do the run - repeat" loop for Path of the Plumber, it'll be a while before I can work on this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
According to the WIki, quantum taco and Schroedinger's thermos give the regular consumption message for the item you consumed. That is mostly regular for booze and wildly divergent for food. It may or may not have the name of the item you drank/ate. So, I'm leaving them alone.

Revision 19923 adds the logging for everfull glass and pirate fork.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
eat 1 pirate fork
You gain 12 Adventures
You gain 42 Strengthliness
You gain 7 Mysteriousness
You gain 10 Cheek
You gain 4 Fullness
You ate Special Seasoning with your food
Your pirate fork grabbed some menudo ravioli!

drink 1 everfull glass
You gain 15 Adventures
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 31 Wizardliness
You gain 8 Smarm
You gain 4 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze (-4)
Your everfull glass contained some fruity girl swill!
Yum!