Could use help getting a couple of DEBUG logs

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I noticed a couple of weirdnesses yesterday which seemed related, perhaps, to not showing the correct response text to taking a choice.

1) I had the forged id documents and clicked on a vacation at The Shore. It looked lt just refreshed the choice, but looking in the gCLI, I saw that "your father's diary has been read.

If somebody gets to that spot soon and you have autoQuest set (which will automatically read the diary when it comes into inventory), please turn on DEBUG logging when you have the forged id and go to the Shore. Click on a vacation. Turn off DEBUG logging. If it doesn't show you the expected result of vacationing with the forged id documents, please post the DEBUG log here.

2) I was in the Hidden Temple. I selected the Pickachu setting and took the (3 adventure) door. It presented me with the first puzzle, I selected the correct action - and it refreshed that page, rather than showing the Dvorak puzzle.

If somebody gets to that spot, turn on and off DEBUG logging when you get to / after you make the correct choice at that spot. If it does not show you the Dvorak letter-selection puzzle, please post the DEBUG log here.

(Note that you can refresh the page and it will show you the puzzle, so you are not stuck.)

I thought I was done ascending until next year, but I want to reproduce and fix these issues, so I will ascend on Monday (Feast of Boris) after running my daily farming script. I'll do these tests and will collect DEBUG logs, if necessary. If one of you gives me the logs first, perhaps I will test a fix. :)

Thanks.

zarqon

I've noticed #2 on the last couple runs myself. If no one beats me to it (unlikely as I'm playing rather slowly these days) I'll get a debug log.

I've noticed #2 as well, and not just on the hidden city unlock, I'm also getting it on the lights out noncombats. I'm not doing a run for another week or so, but I'll see if I can get a debug log from the manor.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I automate the lights out noncmbats. Which is to say, I click the "auto" button, which goes through the whole sequence of choices to the end. I could swear that I see the final result successfully.

Well, on Monday, I'll go Big!, so will be able to visit any of these I want.

It's probably just Yet Another Way that choice adventures show up in the HTML.

ChoiceUtilities has the following as recognized options:

Code:
	private static final Pattern [] CHOICE_PATTERNS =
	{
		Pattern.compile( "name=['\"]?whichchoice['\"]? value=['\"]?(\\d+)['\"]?" ),
		Pattern.compile( "value=['\"]?(\\d+)['\"]? name=['\"]?whichchoice['\"]?" ),
		Pattern.compile( "choice.php\\?whichchoice=(\\d+)" ),
		// Witchess pieces
		Pattern.compile( "whichchoice=(\\d+)&piece=" ),
	};
What do you want to bet that the following will do better:

Code:
	private static final Pattern [] CHOICE_PATTERNS =
	{
		Pattern.compile( "name=['\"]?whichchoice['\"]? value=['\"]?(\\d+)['\"]?" ),
		Pattern.compile( "value=['\"]?(\\d+)['\"]? name=['\"]?whichchoice['\"]?" ),
		Pattern.compile( "whichchoice=(\\d+)" ),
	};

I automate lights out as part of my aftercore afterAdventure script, so it runs through as part of automated adventuring in the zone.
But recently and occasionally, that has errored out like this one from earlier today:

Code:
[454] The Haunted Bathroom
Preference lastEncounter changed from garbage tourist to Lights Out in the Bathroom
Encounter: Lights Out in the Bathroom
Preference lastLightsOutTurn changed from 517593 to 517630
Took choice 892/3: Inspect the Bathtub
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=892&option=3
Encounter: Lights Out in the Bathroom
Preference nextSpookyravenElizabethRoom changed from The Haunted Bathroom to The Haunted Kitchen
Took choice 892/3: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=892&option=3
Which leads to a cli-error along the lines of "choice adventure without choices found"

But, I told my script to toggle debug around that adv1() call, and it finished the rest of that questline AND the entire other questline without interuptions, so eh, those debug logs will have to wait until my next run.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This kind of behavior showed up in Witchess when using the shrink ray when the URLs on the result page did not match one of the patterns we used to detect choice adventures. I added to the patterns to recognize the Witchess one. Seems like there are other variants. So, perhaps, rather than adding more variants, why not simply use one which will capture any URL link to a choice?

Revision 19614 looks for whichchoice=XXX, regardless of context, when deciding whether you are looking at a choice.

That might fix all these issues. I will ascend on Monday as Big! and see for myself - and will collect DEBUG logs, just in case. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have a DEBUG log for auto-reading the diary after doing a shore trip with the forged identification documents.
I suspect that reading the diary leaves us thinking we are no longer in a choice, snd therefore not doing all the post-choice processing.
I'll study it and see what I come up with. I guess it will take another ascension to test a fix. :(

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And I have a DEBUG log for the HIdden Temple. This is a "choice follows choice" issue: the response text to taking the first choice has a message and a link:

Code:
<a href=choice.php>Continue down the corridor...</a>
I'll study this one, too.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19615 has one-line changes (not counting comments) for each of those cases. Not tested. I'll do that in my next BIG! run, in 3 days or so.
I'll also be keeping my eyes open for other things being broken.

Still unable to reproduce issues with Lights Out. Let's see your DEBUG log. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
At 12:30 or so last night, KoL stopped responding to me. Every connection attempt since then times out.
I rebooted my router, looked at DNS records, tried connecting by domain name and by IP address. No joy.

So, issue with my ISP.

Eventually I will be able to log in again. and run turns and test stuff.