New Content - Implemented October's 2019 IotM - Eight Days a Week Pill Keeper

icon315

Bug in the recent change:
The tracker for the Sunday pill (the Semi-rare one) sets the counter to the next turn whether or not you successfully took the pill. For example, failing to take it without enough room in your spleen will still set the counter.

fredg1

Another thing to point out is that taking the Sunday pill clears your last semi-rare location, so mafia should do the same, clearing semirareLocation

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Another thing to point out is that taking the Sunday pill clears your last semi-rare location, so mafia should do the same, clearing semirareLocation

How about the niche case where you use a Sunday pill, skip that semirare completely (spend turns crafting or something), then use a fortune cookie or something to get your next semirare? Probably that won't really happen in practice, but still...

fredg1

I ACTUALLY thought about it, and someone ended up testing it!

(Discord, Ascension Speedrun Society, #spading-results-and-ideas)

October 8, 2019
fredg1 Last Tuesday at 11:44 PM
Apparently, the Surprise Me from Take Your Pills can let you get a semi-rare even if this is the same as your previous semi-rare...

if you take the sunday pill, but DO NOT get a semi-rare, then take a fortune cookie (or just land on a SR at the right time), can THAT one also be the same as your previous SR?
in other words: does taking the sunday pill literally clears whatever was stored as your "last semi-rare", or is this value simply "ignored" for your next turn only?

October 10, 2019

astronautguy Yesterday at 10:31 PM
^taking sunday pill erases your last SR, if using the next turn after sunday in a non-semirare thing, the next SR (from fortune cookie) can be the same as the previously seen one
(i'm not sure about the strategic implications of that)

:p

Arashmin

Noticed I can't seem to quite get it to mood right. It has a unique way of being called: main.php?eowkeeper=1; It will continually return a result of 'You aren't in a choice adventure'.

Comparably, May Saber works OK, lets me do a choice just fine, and is called as main.php?action=may4, e.g. appending "; choice 4" after that will successfully choose the weight option.

Inspecting the Sunday option:
Code:
<
input class="button" 
type="submit" 
value="Sunday - Surprise Me"
>

Any idea how it could call the choices there? Trying some things to see if there's a work-around, but does seem odd it's not seeing it as a choice.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You need to use GET instead of POST for that URL, apparently. Which means using ASH, and
Code:
visit_url( "main.php?eowkeeper=1", false );

PeKaJe

This could use a CLI command, so I gave it a go with the attached patch.

Edit: Updated patch with maximizer stuff for duration, potential cost, etc.

Attachments

• pillkeeper.patch
    8.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: