Never seen this before

Pazleysox

deli lama.png
I haven't ascended in a few months, so I haven't seen this. Maybe it's been there for a while, and I just haven't paid attention, but because the steel margarita isn't available anymore, should it still be on there?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Deliberate.

TCRS runs change the attributes of many things, including food and drink. It turns out the the changes are understood and fixed. Thus KoLmafia can tell you what the characteristics of certain items will be if you ascend into a particular TCRS path and does so while you making the choices for the new path. So what the display is trying to tell you is that for the selected path the steel margarita will have a "fullness" of 5 if you get and drink one.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What do you mean by "the steel margarita isn't available anymore"?

I inferred, in part because of prior interactions, that it was short hand for "it doesn't exist in the Astral Plane but did exist before ascending". But yeah, that was my assumption and you know what they say about that ;-)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No, it was intentional.

Since the point of the new dropdowns in the astral plane for consumables and pets is to help you see what you'll get in a particular TCRS run, I included the steel margarita because you just might decide to get one in TCRS, since it actually gives you adventures, as well as increasing your max inebriety by 5, even if it takes less than 5 inebriety.

If you are not going for a TCRS run, none of the dropdowns on that page are useful.
They aren't useful on the astral pet page, either, in that case, but listing the item enchantments is marginally helpful, if you don't know them already.

Pazleysox

Deliberate.

TCRS runs change the attributes of many things, including food and drink. It turns out the the changes are understood and fixed. Thus KoLmafia can tell you what the characteristics of certain items will be if you ascend into a particular TCRS path and does so while you making the choices for the new path. So what the display is trying to tell you is that for the selected path the steel margarita will have a "fullness" of 5 if you get and drink one.

Gotcha, thanks! :)

What do you mean by "the steel margarita isn't available anymore"?

I meant astral energy drinks. They've been gone so long, I forgot.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Unavailable from the Valhalla shop, where the other astral consumables come from.

Were they ever available there? If you had asked me if there was any way to get a steel consumable besides doing the quest in run I would have said No, based on memories that span at least a decade.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Were they ever available there? If you had asked me if there was any way to get a steel consumable besides doing the quest in run I would have said No, based on memories that span at least a decade.

Steel margarita was never in Valhalla. That is what they said in the initial post, and what is in their screenshot.

Astral energy drinks were available in Valhalla. That is what they thought they were reading, because without knowing it was related to TCRS they assumed it must be something related to Valhalla.

Pazleysox

Steel margarita was never in Valhalla. That is what they said in the initial post, and what is in their screenshot.

Astral energy drinks were available in Valhalla. That is what they thought they were reading, because without knowing it was related to TCRS they assumed it must be something related to Valhalla.

This is correct. :)