Bug - Fixed Error message problem accessing map manager

Landamus

It looks like a problem with zlib and that it can't access zachbardon.com. Idk if there is a workaround or solution atm.

Magus_Prime

zachbardon.com is reachable but it seems that when zlib runs the check for whether there is an updated version of the map file version at "https://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/autoupdate.php?f=%22+fname+%22&act=getver" there's nothing there.

This may not be the best place for this thread but this issue is going to affect anything that uses zlib. For now I've disabled the following, and the errors, and long pauses for checks, have gone away:

SimpleSmack/BatBrain/BatmanRE
Universal Recovery
Mercenary Mood
Best Between Battle
OCD DB Manager
EatDrink
sl_ascend
Bale's Counter Checker

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
*snicker*

Too many scripts to edit.

I just made zlib (hopefully) load the local copy and return.

Code:
// loads specified map file either from disk or from Map Manager if an updated map is available (checks once daily)
boolean load_current_map(string fname, aggregate dest) {
   file_to_map(fname+".txt",dest);
   string key = "map_"+fname+".txt";
   if (count(zv) == 0) file_to_map("zversions.txt",zv);
   if (zv[key].vdate == today_to_string() && count(dest) > 0) return true;
[COLOR="#FF0000"]//jaa
	return true;[/COLOR]
   zv[key].vdate = today_to_string();

I just added the comment and the return statement in red above. I believe the first line quoted is line 268 in zlib

zarqon is on the other side of the world but sometimes responds to email from me so I will let him know.

xKiv

I *think* I had this problem because my java version was too old and didn't trust the site's ssl certificate. So I brutally kludged this by adding a "do not validate" ssl validator to kolmafia.
And then found out how to update java on my old linux anyway (official repo of my release have only java 7; I switched over to zulu 12)

Magus_Prime

There was a period of time, some time ago, when the certificate was invalid but the current certificate is valid.

Last edited:

zarqon

Have played all my turns for today (with no problems), so unable to duplicate. I did have this message from my host in my inbox:

My host said:
Your web site was offline for a few hours today. Had a cable cut.

A month ago, I had some grading done in the backyard. They cut the [...] cable. [Local cable company] ran a temporary line above ground for until the grading work was done.

Cue today, when a 3rd-party contractor shows up at my door, unannounced, and says he's here to bury the cable. In the process, he cuts the [local ISP company] feed that provides my Internet service.

So all my services (which I had just recently moved back in house) were down from about 4 PM until 10 PM. I've got everything back online now, but there will be another brief outage when the [internet] cable gets repaired and I switch everything back!

Which would seem to indicate this problem was temporary. Is this still a problem for anyone?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Have played all my turns for today (with no problems), so unable to duplicate. I did have this message from my host in my inbox:

Which would seem to indicate this problem was temporary. Is this still a problem for anyone?

I will check but when it happened I was able to manually access your site and upload a copy of the recovery items file so it did not behave like a comms issue to your server.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just did a test and maybe it was a connection issue. I will mark this appropriately even if it is probably in the wrong place since map manager is not a KoLmafia feature, as such.

Magus_Prime

I just got the following:

Code:
There was a problem accessing the Map Manager.
Restorative data is corrupted or missing. Troublesome!
KoLmafia declares world peace.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Landamus

I VPNed to a different country and the file was able to update. I think the routing is screwed up somewhere.

Magus_Prime

This morning zlib was able to check for, and download a copy of a map file.
Code:
Checking for updates (running ZLib rev. 41)...
Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '2019-07-19T16:02:39-05:00' to '2019-08-30T07:08:57-05:00'...
...recoveryScript_map_v2.txt updated.

But something else is going on with other map files. Will continue this in the zlib thread.

Last edited: