New Content - Implemented DIeting pills and other consumables in TCRS

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In TCRS, all equipment and potions have their enchantments shuffled.

So do consumables - food, drink, spleen toxins. For example, Angry Farmer candy gives 10 turns of Sugar Rush out of TCRS, but in TCRS Sauceror/Platypus, it gives 40 turns of Got Milk. I don't know if such an item can ever NOT give an effect - I grepped for Angry Farmer candy in the data/TCRS directory, and every class/path combo had a random effect - but some items which don't actually have an Enchantment per se can get one in TCRS.

For example, the dieting pill says "Eat less, Enjoy it More!" which is not a status effect, but some sort of innate base effect it has on your character. In particular, your next food gives double adventures and stats, but takes double fullness. I grepped for dieting pill in the data/TCRS directory and 23 of them had an "Effect" that they granted, whereas 33 had none.

Wiki says this under divergences for "food and booze": "Consumables with nonstandard effects will still apply. For example, Cursed Punch will still change your curse level, while dusty bottle of Muscat will still deal a large amount of damage."

As it turns out, that applies to spleen toxins - like the dieting pill - as well.

I got fooled by this in a TCRS Accordion Thief/Blender run when I was Maximizing for Mysticality and the Maximizer suggested "chew 1 dieting pill for 1 spleen to get 5 turns of Cake Caked" - which gives +50% mysticality. I did this, not having any idea of the dieting pill's nonstandard effect, and was baffled when I could not consume the food of my choice, much later in the day.

Potions can also have a nonstandard effect. For example, a bottle of goofballs gives Hopped Up on Goofballs and after rollover, Goofball Withdrawal. In TCRS, like any other potion, they grant a different random effect - but, as I discovered when using a bottle of goofballs to get Mer-Kindliness (as suggested by the maximizer), you still get Goofball Withdrawal the next day.

I wonder what are all the consumables/potions/usables that have extra nonstandard effects?
Effects that still take effect in TCRS, even if you are using the item for a different, explict Effect.

I wonder if the maximizer should, somehow, warn/notify/remind you about that for items it offers that you select for a different reason.

I was burned by using a dieting pill through the maximizer - which it will only ever suggest in TCRS. So perhaps this is primarily (only?) a TCRS issue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bumping from Page 9. Perhaps the maximizer should simply refuse to consider the dieting pill.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19997 does exactly that. It simply excludes the dieting pill from consideration as a usable item - which can only happen in TCRS.
I don't see the need for a more general solution at this time, since nobody (including me) has identified any similar cases, either in or out of TCRS.