Bug - Fixed Need mechanism for listing Standard restricted stuff

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So, it's a KoL bug when something is disallowed in standard but is not listed in standard.php.

I'm in a Standard Hardcore run.
I've been wondering why the Maximizer keeps suggesting "Fifteen Minutes of Flame", but when I try casting it, it doesn't get cast.
Looking at my DEBUG log: "That skill is too old for this path."
I learned it from "Pop Art: a Guide" - from Gingerbread City.

standard.php lists that item.
standard.php does NOT list that skill.

I reported the bug to KoL. Maybe they will fix it. Maybe not.

Perhaps we could/should have a kludge list of stuff which SHOULD be in standard.php - because KoL will prevent you from using it in a Standard restricted run - but is not (yet)?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, ha ha ha. Looking at StandardRequest.java:

Code:
		// Buggy items and skills that should be on the list but aren't.
		if ( !itemMap.isEmpty() )
		{
			itemMap.add( "actual reality goggles" );
			skillMap.add( "Fifteen Minutes of Flame" );
		}
We do have a kludge. But it's not working for me. Will debug...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19469 does the following:

Since StandardRequest looks up keys in lower case, must lower-case Fifteen Minutes of Flame
The Maximizer now checks if a skill is restricted before recommending it.
And I made StandardRequest use Set<String> rather than List<String> to hold the lists.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is probably a duplicate of another report. The skill isn't on standard.php (because it was last available in December 2017, a bug I have mentioned with many things in /dev, it will go away next year), but it does show up on standard.php?date=2017-01-02, and that is the URL mafia checks.

The actual issue is that charsheet.php says you have the skill also (because it was last available in December), so mafia thinks (thought?) it was available anyway. Perhaps you just fixed it anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The kludge in StandardRequest forces it to be unavailable and the Maximizer now checks StandardRequest, whether or not it thinks you have the skill.
That second one gets around the charsheet.php issue.