Feature - Implemented Distinguish items drops from pirate ring and others in session log

One last feature request:
Could the activation message for the lucky gold ring be logged into the session logs? (And maybe Screege, Cheengs too. Snowglobe might be trickier).
We're getting so many end of combat things that it can be tricky to distinguish what came from where.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One last feature request:
Could the activation message for the lucky gold ring be logged into the session logs? (And maybe Screege, Cheengs too. Snowglobe might be trickier).
We're getting so many end of combat things that it can be tricky to distinguish what came from where.
I'm all for logging more of the messages from the fight so you can see what came from where.
I was going to close this as complete, but this is worth looking at.
Not that I have ever used my gold ring yet since I have been continuously in HC TCRS for too long now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm going to bump this to remind myself to actually try out the gold ring, now that I am simply farming in aftercore for the foreseeable future.
I run with Cheengs and Screege as part of my farming outfit, since I like the drops, but I'm thinking the lucky gold ring is worth a look at.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19557 has lucky gold ring, Mr. Screege's spectacles, Mr. Cheeng's spectacles, and the KoL Con 13 Snowglobe.
I considered doing it for the Barrel God messages, too, but that's a lot trickier, and there's no other source for the barrels.

fknslacker

Since the lucky gold pirate ring Volcoino drop is limited to 1/day, can I request an new preference analogous to _volcanoSuperduperheatedMetal (maybe _luckyGoldRingVolcoino)

fknslacker

Currently the _luckyGoldRingVolcoino is set to true when the ring is equipped and Non-Combat Lava Dogs occurs, when it should not. My proposed change to ResultProcessor.java
if ( combatResults && KoLCharacter.hasEquipped( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.LUCKY_GOLD_RING, 1 ) ) )
->
if ( combatResults && comment.contains( "lucky gold ring gets warmer" ) && KoLCharacter.hasEquipped( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.LUCKY_GOLD_RING, 1 ) ) )

I apologize for my laziness and not testing and submitting this change myself.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Aside from the fact that there is no "comment" available in that method, I would wonder why "combatResults" is true for a non-combat