Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BeachComber - fast and efficient beach combing

Updating to the latest version of Mafia fixed it, thanks!

Thank you for writing this! I will add it to my daily regiment

Thank you.

So, for some unknown reason, I am unable to see the script in svn. Any advice? I'm on the latest version as far as I can tell.

So, for some unknown reason, I am unable to see the script in svn. Any advice? I'm on the latest version as far as I can tell.
    Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Do you mean you are having trouble getting it from SourceForge or do you mean it is not showing up in Kolmafia's Script Manager? If the latter then the file that drives the manager has been getting changed a lot and it is possible that you snagged a version that is no longer the best. Under normal circumstances KoLmafia will only try and fetch that file once a day so the first suggestion would be to try again. A second suggestion would be to delete svnrepo.json in your data subdirectory and try again. The menu is getting quite full and you might try and sort on author's name in both the Manage and Install tabs. (Veracity). If you find it on the Manage tab then it is already installed. Otherwise it should be on the Install tab.

There is a possibility of errors in the file but since I am not seeing them on my system I am focused on how your system's status might be different.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Ok, to clarify my issue, I can't see in the script manager. I search for "Beach", but there aren't any results.

I see it under "Veracity's BeachComber"

A second suggestion would be to delete svnrepo.json in your data subdirectory and try again.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    So, I did what you tried and deleted the file, and I have run into a minor issue, and now I can't see any scripts. It seems that mafia hasn't reinstalled the file, though the scripts I already downloaded are still there.

So, I did what you tried and deleted the file, and I have run into a minor issue, and now I can't see any scripts. It seems that mafia hasn't reinstalled the file, though the scripts I already downloaded are still there.
    Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    The code, as I understand it is supposed to unconditionally download the file if it is not there. Perhaps I have erred and the once a day preference overrides the download. Hopefully when you try again things will work.

My understanding is that mafia tries to down load and read the file. Then, whether the file was downloaded or not, it builds the Scripts menu by traversing your svn directory (which contains installed scripts). If somethign in svn had an entry in the file then it merges the information. If something is in svn but not in the file (for whatever reason) it still includes an entry in the Scripts menu. Entries that are in the file but not in svn show up under the Install tab.

So if it works tomorrow, all is good. If not then, with my recent change, if you have no svnrepo.json file then you are having an issue downloading.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Revision 192 does this:

Default strategy is now "random".
    A driftwood beach comb is as good as a Beach Comb, as far as this script is concerend.
    Command argument can be a (positive) number, "free", or "all".

And I like "random". This happened this morning when I was using up my remaining turns before ascending:

Code:
    Encounter: Comb the Beach (4819 minutes down the beach)
    > 100 squares in beach 4819 contain rough sand
    > Combing the square at coordinates 10,48190 which contains rough sand
    Took choice 1388/4: (secret choice)
    choice.php?whichchoice=1388&option=4&coords=10%2C48190
    Encounter: Comb the Beach
    You acquire an item: cursed pirate cutlass
    You acquire hamethyst (5)
    You acquire baconstone (5)
    You acquire porquoise (5)
    You gain 218,390 Meat
    That's on row 10 - the farthest from the waves. Had I been using "first", it would have gone to the row that is closest to the sea.
    Not that that probably matters; I suspect the contents of each square are random, rather than pre-seeded.

Hmm. I just noticed I got a bunch-o-Meat. I need to report that at the end, along with the cumulative items.