Universal Recovery

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am thinking of:

1) Hosting the non-Bale changes to UR on SourceForge.
2) Granting commit access to anyone I know from Kolmafia.us who asks.
3) Modifying the Script Repository so the difference between the Old and the New is obvious.
4) Encouraging interested users to uninstall the Old and install the New.
5) Creating a new UR thread.

I can only see two issues. First it does appear that I am purloining Bale's work. I am OK with that since he has not responded to several attempts by me to contact him and if he asserts a claim I will honor it. Second, if someone has both versions installed via SVN it is not predictable which one will actually be installed, i.e. the version in /relay. But I think the solution is obvious - uninstall one.

Comments?

I probably do this on July 9 if no one objects.

Thanks.

taltamir

Second, if someone has both versions installed via SVN it is not predictable which one will actually be installed, i.e. the version in /relay. But I think the solution is obvious - uninstall one.

Comments?
The conflict between old and new version can be resolved by changing the name.
In documentation refer to it as universal recovery 2 or UR2. the ash script filename can be urecover.ash

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The conflict between old and new version can be resolved by changing the name.
In documentation refer to it as universal recovery 2 or UR2. the ash script filename can be urecover.ash

I thought about that but decided I would rather uninstall the old Universal_recovery.ash once and install the new one than to have to change the name for multiple characters and in scripts that reference it. IMO YMMV :)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Thoughts about updating the original thread instead of creating a new one, as was the case with the community taking over support for Chit?

Too bad Mafia doesn't expose `svn relocate`.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The only reason for a new thread would be so that anyone who looked for help with the unsupported version could look for it "elsewhere". But maybe, given that I don't want to rename the file, perhaps one thread is the way to go.

Tangentially, it seems that Bale was maintaining svnrepo.json on github. I'm thinking it needs to be moved to SourceForge.

taltamir

Seems like sometimes it fails to notice that beaten up was removed
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> restore hp[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]You     have the latest recoveryScript_map_v2.txt. Will not check again today.[/COLOR]
Purchasing     anti-anti-antidote (3 @ 30)...
You spent 90 Meat
You acquire     anti-anti-antidote (3)
Purchases complete.
[COLOR=#33CCCC]You've     had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.[/COLOR]
Visiting     Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You lose an effect: Beaten Up (0)
You     gain 108 hit points
[COLOR=red]Did not recover from being Beaten     Up![/COLOR]
Loading character status...
Requests complete.
That red error message is incorrect, I did recover from being beaten up.

taltamir

in kingdom of explothing doc galactic is unavailable. So if you run out of other restorers and it tries to resort to buying from galactic it gives the following infinite loop

Code:
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
(usable     quantity of Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir is limited to 0 by needed     restoration)
(usable     quantity of Doc Galaktik's Homeopathic Elixir is limited to 0 by needed     restoration)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
in kingdom of explothing doc galactic is unavailable. So if you run out of other restorers and it tries to resort to buying from galactic it gives the following infinite loop

Code:

Continued at https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?1780-Universal-Recovery-Script/page241