Staff member
Yeah.

Code:
	public static final BeachHead [] BEACH_HEADS = 
	{
		new BeachHead( 1, "Hot-Headed", 420, "8,4197", "hot" ),
		new BeachHead( 2, "Cold as Nice", 2323, "8,23222", "cold" ),
		new BeachHead( 3, "A Brush with Grossness", 4242, "8,42412", "stench" ),
		new BeachHead( 4, "Does It Have a Skull In There??", 6969, "8,69682",  "spooky" ),
		new BeachHead( 5, "Oiled, Slick", 8888, "8,88879", "sleaze" ),
		new BeachHead( 6, "Lack of Body-Building", 37, "8,368", "muscle" ),
		new BeachHead( 7, "We're All Made of Starfish", 3737, "8,37368", "mysticality" ),
		new BeachHead( 8, "Pomp and Circumsands", 7114, "8,71138", "moxie" ),
		new BeachHead( 9, "Resting Beach Face", 5555, "9,55549", "initiative" ),
		new BeachHead( 10, "Do I Know You From Somewhere?", 1111, "9,11109", "familiar" ),
		new BeachHead( 11, "You Learned Something Maybe!", 9696, "9,96958", "experience" ),
	};
Here is when I learned a new beach head:

Code:
main.php?comb=1
choice.php?whichchoice=1388&pwd&option=1&minutes=420
choice.php?whichchoice=1388&pwd&option=4&coords=8%2C4197
You acquire an effect: Hot-Headed (50)
choice.php?whichchoice=1388&pwd&option=5
Here is getting it via short cut:

Code:
main.php?comb=1
choice.php?whichchoice=1388&pwd&option=3&buff=1
You acquire an effect: Hot-Headed (50)
choice.php?whichchoice=1388&pwd&option=5
We save the shortcuts you know in the "beachHeadsUnlocked" property, which is updated when using the comb shows us. So, the command to get the buff will visit the comb (and enter the choice adventure) and then go to the head via shorcut or via minutes + coords, as needed.

Revision 19438 adds the coords ito the BeachHead object.

Jeparo

Unrelated to automated beachcombing: $item[bottle of sea wine] is creatable by using $item[bunch of sea grapes], and gives 4-5 adv/inebriety. I'm not sure exactly what the substat gain is, but it looks something like 6-9 or 6-10 for muscle/myst/moxie.

I think we need the following to "finish" this:

1) "combbeach" command
2) "beachcomb" command

Not a big deal, but it could get confusing if you follow that (very nice) list of steps exactly as stated.

Oh, and probably 2.5) teach statuseffects about _beachHeadsUsed so it won't suggest trying to get the same head multiple times?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not a big deal, but it could get confusing if you follow that (very nice) list of steps exactly as stated.

Oh, and probably 2.5) teach statuseffects about _beachHeadsUsed so it won't suggest trying to get the same head multiple times?
Heh.

I like "combbeach" as the CLI command - you are commanding KoLmafia to comb the beach - and "BeachComber" as the automation script - it is the agent which combs the beach for you.

The "combbeach head" command will certainly know about the _beachHeadsUsed property, just as the "spacegate vaccine" command knows about the similar property. When the maximizer sees a "spacegate" command, it checks the property in order to decide whether to grey it out. The maximizer's support for the "combbeach" command will be coded similarly.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19444 adds the "beach" command. I was going to use "combbeach", but Ezandora's script is called "CombBeach", and that is sort of clashy, especially if your file system is case insensitive...

The raw interface lets you exactly mimic what you do to interact with the Beach Comb in the browser:

beach visit - uses the Beaxch Comb and leaves you at the initial "decide what to do" page
beach common - uses the "collect common items for 10 free wanders" option, if available
beach random - visits a random section of beach and prints what you see
beach wander NNN - wanders NNN minutes down the beach and prints what you see
beach comb ROW COL - if you have done "wander" or "random", combs patch in ROW (2-10, per display) and COL (0-9 per display, you have to count...)
beach head 5 - combs beach head #5, either via shortcut (if you know it) or via wander+comb
beach head You Learned Something Maybe? - combs beach head which gives that exact effect
beach head mus - or any "description": hot, cold, stench, spooky, sleaze, muscle, mysticality, moxie, initiative, familiar, experience. Uses fuzzy matching
beach exit - leaves the choice adventure.

So, you can "beach visit", do any number of combings, and then "beach exit".

The following commands will optionally do a "beach visit" for you, if you didn't do that yet:

beach head
beach common
beach wander
beach random

The following commands will ALSO do a "beach exit" for you, if they did an automatic "beach visit":

beach head
beach common

Therefore, those two commands can be used as standalone commands - exactly as I specified earlier.
You want to do wandering + combing? Those require multiple commands - and you will want to look at the beach layout do decide where to comb.

Also:

The new "_beachCombing" property is true if you are actively looking at a beach (i.e. "comb" is available), and is false otherwise.
beach print - will print the minutes + layout of the last beach you visited - whether or not is is open, as signalled by that property.

Next up, after I sleep, is adding the commands to statuseffects.txt and to the maximizer.

If anybody wants to experiment with the command as implemented, I welcome your feedback. :)

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19445 adds the "beach head" command as the source for 11 status effects and teaches the Maximizer about the "beach head" command.

Jeparo

Would it be possible to update $item[bottle of sea wine].adventures to 4-5? The previous seven times I consumed one, it's always given 4 or 5 base adventures, which is consistent with "awesome" quality.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By "base", you mean excluding Ode?

Looking at inebriety.txt, almost all size 1 awesome booze is either 3-5 or 4-6. There are a handful of 4-5.

I can put in 4-5 for now. If you see a 3 or a 6, we can adjust.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, I did that in revision 19452, so it will at least sort to a reasonable place in the Booze panel.

taltamir

v19455
it fails to get Oiled, Slick buff via maximizer. (I was maximizing for sleaze dmg, sleaze spell dmg)

result when using maximizer to get that buff
Code:
128 combinations checked, best score 155.00
Encounter: Comb the Beach
Encounter:     Comb the Beach (8888 minutes down the beach)
Maximizing...

result when I manually went to get that buff
Code:
Encounter: Comb the Beach (8888 minutes down     the beach)
You acquire an effect: Oiled,     Slick (50)

it does not seem to have wasted any of the free daily combs, just failed to acquire the buff

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Question: did you have a shortcut for it? Looks like not, since your "manual" acquisition had you go to a specific beach.
What does your session log show? for both of those attempts?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah. It was a bug in the case when you do not have the shortcut yet. Fixed in revision 19458.

taltamir

Sorry for delayed response. I did not have the shortcut at the time.
But I since went and manually acquired all the shortcuts so I cannot test this fix.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I tested by temporarily changing the code to say that I knew no shortcuts and then asking for a buff. It went to the correct section of beach and combed the head, yielding the buff.

Magus_Prime

The components of the Shallow Sea Fishing Outfit seem to be a zap group:

• Spearfish fishing spear
  • Waders
  • Lucky rabbitfish fin

I just zapped a spearfish fishing spear into waders.

Crowther

I can't remember the protocol for things missing from a thread marked "implemented", sorry if I got it wrong.

Kelp needs its stats and effect set. My logs (30+ chews) are consistent with the wiki. I get 10-20 of each stat and 50 turns of Does a Body Good.

I've attached an untested patch.

Attachments

• kelp.patch
    1.2 KB · Views: 1