Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Valhalla relay scrips for pets and consumables

Revision 19359 adds this script and its two data files to KoLmafia. I had to adjust the code that finds relay files to load an internal file (from the .jar) if there was not already a script in the "relay" directory. If it does find a file there, it will use it and not load the internal file. This allows user-supplied scripts to override internal scripts.

Unfortunately, it's not exactly right - even assuming we want that override behavior - because "loading" an internal relay script consists of copying the internal file from the jar file to your "relay" directory, where it is handled like any other relay file. Unfortunately, since it only looks for the internal script if there is not a relay file there, it will not update the script if we later release a changed version - although we do have the functionality for detecting that...

I might have just changed my mind about letting user scripts override internal scripts...

Yeah, for now, I want internal scripts to be able to update themselves when we submit new versions.
    Revision 19360 will copy an internal script into the relay directory if it exists, which will overwrite a user-supplied script

I might have just changed my mind about letting user scripts override internal scripts...
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    We have a precedent with some of the data files.

But, if we are going to bundle it in a jar file and accept the burden of updating and maintaining it then I am willing to say that a user is not and should not be allowed to make persistent changes. They can work around an automatic overwrite situation by keeping a copy of their local changes and manually merging or they can petition the devs to include their changes in the release.

My concern is that this makes it difficult for a user to provide an independent relay script for a page but that seems to me to be incentive to investigate a way that multiple relay scripts can process the same page.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I just ascended again, and was looking over the helpful astral item descriptions, but noticed that they didn't match the ones on the PL sheet. Turns out "Pastamancer" and "Sauceror" are swapped in the Astral Pet Store dropdown menu (PM should be #3 and S #4)
    (When I selected S wombat, it was showing me PM wombat instead)

Oops. Thanks! Revision 19387.

Oh, sorry, I think that may also be the case for the astral grocery store place (not there anymore, but pretty sure it said my dogs would be size 2 when they're size 1)

I use the same ASH function to generate the dropdowns on both pages, so I am sure it is fixed in both. Thanks again.