Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Only unique items contribute to Clowny

THanks - although it's not a "solution" yet, since the Maximizer doesn't actually use it yet. It's a tool intended to enable the solution.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Bumping in case anyone more versed in the Maximizer than I am wants to look at this.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I was hoping Darzil would look at this, but since not, bumping to 1st page to remind me to see if I can figure it out.

Perhaps as a slight tweak to that, perhaps maximizer should assume that they are single equip, if the maximization includes that term.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Revision 19433 does that for Clowniness and Surgeonosity, which are both numeric modifiers.
    There is special code to support "Clownosity", which I did not touch.
    Perhaps it would be as simple as looking up the "Uniques:Clowniness" set of items and adding them to the "uniques" set I added.

I did some refactoring to enable this, so am leaving this open to see how it behaves in the wild.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Revision 19434 makes clownosity use the same unique item requirements as clowniness

I set up some cases with 19434 and the maximizer seems to understand uniqueness. I equipped two of a +2 accessory and it swapped one of them out for a +1, as expected.

When I maximize for something and then execute all of the suggestions or highlight some and execute them, I expect the maximizer display to update and things that "won't make a difference" are grey'd out and things I could do are "normal". After maximizing on "clownosity" the updated display had suggestions, all of which reduced clownosity. This was unexpected but may be operator error. In Ye Olden Days the maximizer really didn't care about clownosity greater than 4 and if you had a reason for wanting it you needed to pay attention to the maximizer string. It may be that what I am seeing is the "correct" behaviour since clownosity was 9 or 10.

Nothing has changed in how Clownosity is weighted. If you don't specify, it gives it a weight of 4 - which is the "desired" osity. But, the "weight" is treated differently than other modifiers:

Code:
    			if ( keyword.equals( "clownosity" ) )
    			{
    				if ( m.end( 2 ) == m.start( 2 ) )
    				{
    					// No weight specified, so assume 4
    					this.clownosity = 4;
    				}
    				else
    				{
    					this.clownosity = (int) weight;
    				}
    				// Clownosity is built on Clowniness and has
    				// same unique items requirement.
    				this.addUniqueItems( "Clowniness" );
    				continue;
    			}

if ( keyword.equals( "raveosity" ) )
    			{
    				if ( m.end( 2 ) == m.start( 2 ) )
    				{
    					// No weight specified, so assume 7
    					this.raveosity = 7;
    				}
    				else
    				{
    					this.raveosity = (int) weight;
    				}
    				continue;
    			}
    As descibed in the comment where it evaluates the "score":

Code:
    		// special handling for -osity:
    		// The "weight" specified is actually the desired -osity.
    		// Allow partials to contribute to the score (1:1 ratio) up to the desired value.
    		// Similar to setting a max.
    		if ( this.clownosity > 0 )
    		{
    			int osity = ( (int) mods.get( Modifiers.CLOWNINESS ) ) / 25;
    			score += Math.min( osity, this.clownosity );
    			if ( osity < this.clownosity )
    				this.failed = true;
    		}
    		if ( this.raveosity > 0 )
    		{
    			int osity = mods.getBitmap( Modifiers.RAVEOSITY );
    			score += Math.min( osity, this.raveosity );
    			if ( osity < this.raveosity )
    				this.failed = true;
    		}
    Apparently, when you were offered more than +4 worth of clownosity items - and equipped more than +4's worth - when you maximized again and it chose to keep +4 worth of items, everything past that was valued less, or something. I do not understand the evaluator.

In any case, nothing changed to make me think that what you described is different than how it worked before.

(We might also consider updating to have "surgeonosity" work the same way, although you are much less likely to ever have more than +5 available in-run when you need it. Not that affects my play-style, since I never maximize on that; I simply equip each item as I get it (which provides an additional 10% chance to get the boss) and frequently fight the boss before I have found all 5 items. In fact, I have fought him the very next round after equipping the first item.)

Unless we want to expand the scope of this to add code to treat surgeonosity like every other -osity, I think this is done.

Yeah, I did that in revision 19435. Surgeonosity with no weight defaults to 5 - and, as before, even if you have 3 accessories (of the 2 possibilities), it will only suggest 2.

OK. My expectations were off, not the behavior. I'd agree this is fixed. Thank you.