Thread: NOCOPY in $monster.attributes for uncopyable monsters

Default NOCOPY in $monster.attributes for uncopyable monsters

It'd be nice to be able to check if a monster is copyable easily.

Here's a patch for monsters.txt with a NOCOPY note added to the attributes of every monster in this category on the wiki, so possibly incomplete, but it's a start. I also added a copyable flag to the monsters proxy record.

NOINSTAKILL and NOWISH could also be useful tags, but I haven't added those.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by soolar; 06-04-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Oooh. BatBrain could definitely make use of this to make "copy" actions unavailable vs. uncopyable monsters. The present lack of handling for that has been mostly fine since copy actions are usually user-specified to begin with, but making BatBrain smarter is always something I support.

Adding an 'instakillable' flag as well would be even better; I could stop using the present (and rather ugly) method of specifying instakill actions as dealing massive damage that ends the combat (which is inaccurate).
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I think it would be very cool to add monster attributes for other non-phylum categories like “SKELETON”, “SEAL”, or “LION” too. More esoteric things, too, like “NOFORCE” for the cosplay saber.

NOFORCE isn't needed, since that's covered by nocopy.

I was wondering if they were identical. Good to know.

Is there a problem with the patch that needs to be addressed, or is this just not going to be added? If it's not going to be added I'll just manually track it as part of sl_ascend, I guess.

I think it is just waiting for somebody with commit access who is personally interested in the feature to look it over and bless it.
    I have been spending all of my dev time focusing on TCRS, recently.

Is there a problem with the patch that needs to be addressed, or is this just not going to be added? If it's not going to be added I'll just manually track it as part of sl_ascend, I guess.
    Originally Posted by soolar View Post
    TCRS has proven very time-intensive for everyone, so it may be a while. I have patches that have been awaiting review for over a month.

r19335

Untested.

That makes total sense, and thanks a bunch!