Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Patch] Implement PirateRealm-only modifiers

OK, my patch is written, I just need to test it. It compiled successfully, at least.

OK, itís going into an infinite loop. It looks like the parent zone of a top-level zone is itself? Iím probably just misunderstanding the output of
    Code:
    AdventureDatabase.PARENT_ZONES.get( currentZone );
    For now, Iím going to assume thatís intended behavior and adjust the loop accordingly.

A lot of modifiers appear to be incorrect, actually. They’re using “zone” instead of “location”, which is breaking now.
    Code:
    Item    slime-covered shovel    Weapon Damage: [100*zone(The Slime Tube)+60], Initiative: -10
    This shouldn’t be difficult to fix as part of the patch, though. Whoever made KoLmafia capable of surviving NullPointerExceptions, thank you.
    Last edited by Saklad5; 06-24-2019 at 07:18 PM.

OK, itís going into an infinite loop. It looks like the parent zone of a top-level zone is itself? Iím probably just misunderstanding the output of
    Code:
    AdventureDatabase.PARENT_ZONES.get( currentZone );
    For now, Iím going to assume thatís intended behavior and adjust the loop accordingly.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    It seems like this isnít always true. For now, Iím going to check for both the parent being null and the parent being the child.

It turns out this is somewhat difficult to test during a TCRS run. If anyone wants to test the patch now and see if it fixes the issue, be my guest.
    Recursive Zones.patch
    Just to be clear, I have not been able to check if this resolves the issue. Donít merge it without testing it yourself. When Iím finished with my current run, I can see if it works myself.

It turns out this is somewhat difficult to test during a TCRS run. If anyone wants to test the patch now and see if it fixes the issue, be my guest.
    Recursive Zones.patch
    Just to be clear, I have not been able to check if this resolves the issue. Don’t merge it without testing it yourself. When I’m finished with my current run, I can see if it works myself.
    Since I am tracking this, does r19341 mean the patch has been checked and verified? I'm going to assume Yes but this is an opportunity for someone to tell me I am wrong :-)
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Since I am tracking this, does r19341 mean the patch has been checked and verified? I'm going to assume Yes but this is an opportunity for someone to tell me I am wrong :-)
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I messaged Veracity that it was working, yes. This thread was technically about a different issue, so it was a bit off-topic in the first place.

I messaged Veracity that it was working, yes. This thread was technically about a different issue, so it was a bit off-topic in the first place.
    I got the off topic :-) At a real high level, I committed something, it did not work as expected and my sense of professionalism requires me to revert it or confirm that something else changed so that it did work as expected. I just wanted to make sure I could cross revert r19336 off of my list of things I might have to do.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post